Resurrecting Mom's Duster

-
It's been a while since there has been any progress on the Duster, life sometimes other avenues for you to follow. But was able to get the motor back from the machinists and toss some accessories on it just to get an idea of what it will look like.

440 block .030 over
stock forged crank
440 source steel replacement rods
forged pistons
10:1 compression
balanced and all the upgraded bolts and such
comp XE275HL cam
915 heads
polished chambers
mild porting
polished exhaust ports
comp springs and hardware

Should be a fun little street motor.
And I know, pics or it didn't happen:

DSCN0615.JPG

DSCN0616.JPG

DSCN0620.JPG

DSCN0622.JPG

DSCN0623.JPG

DSCN0624.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

DSCN0627.JPG

DSCN0628.JPG

Nope never used the Fitech system before. Was wanting to use something different in the fuel delivery department and saw this. Figured FI in a 71 Duster? Thats different..... Hoping that by the time I get this thing on the road they'll have most of the tuning kinks worked out. Ive been following the threads on here and on the net, so any lumps should be easy enough to smooth out.

Well today I got a new to me intake. A dual quad Offy. Now to decide, Dual carbs? Dual Fitech? or Stay with the Torker and Fitech? Really leaning towards the the dual Fitech. Anyway here is a before and after cleanup shot.

intake before.PNG

intake after.JPG

Sweet !!!
I miss my twister !!
I dig yours !!
Butterscotch looks great !
Cool build !
I think dual looks awesome go for it !!

I'm in Vacaville as well, (elmira, leisure town) I NEED to see this and pick your brain. This build is going to be amazing

This is coming along very nicely Mark, and quick!!!
I love that butterscotch color. Will you be keeping that or changing?
C

Thanks! The paint is staying as is. At least for now. If and when new paint is done, it will be done the same.

Incredible project! I too love the Butterscotch with the black striping the head on shot of the hood from page 1 is awesome!

what in the world is that track vehicle in the back?
and can i have it and mount a plow to it?

that is cool

im sure an ATV plow could be retrofitted to that
add a winch to raise and lower it and BOOM, plowing in style
(just noticed, these suckers are amphibious, so i could plow the pond and not worry about going through the ice)

(i considered an ATV as a plow vehicle, but for the price of one of those, i could buy a bronco or trailduster, have heat, be out of the elements AND be able to run into town with the family if need be)

Right on man this is cool. Gonna be figuring out a 383 for my 71 Dodge dart swinger and was looking at the schumacher mounts myself. QA1 K-member looks like the way to go but might be out of my price range:( Definitely gonna be following along.

I think the dual FItechs would be killer!

Test fit of the QA1 upper and lower control arms with MPB spindles and brakes. Found that the upper arms hit the mount so I had to clearance them a little. Liking the look and fit. Now to clean and paint everything before final install. Baby steps.

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

-
Back