Resurrection of Man and Machine

-

madmoparmick

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Mopar faithfuls. Been paying garage rent on my '70 Dart for over 30 yrs. Time to bring it home and get back to work on it. I wish I had decided to RESTORE it years ago instead of the route that was taken, but it's too late for that now. Originally 340 auto 8.75 rear, purple w/white stripe, two scoops, black interior, high back buckets, console w/floor shift, manual steering , power disc brakes, rallye dash. Had many cool cars between the years of approx '72-2000. First car '64 GTO 389 4spd. Tore it up! Second
car '64 Dodge Polara 500 383 4spd. More cars in order-'70 Roadrunner 383 auto,
68 Coronet R/T 440 4spd w/4.56 Dana, '70 Dart 340, '68 GTO 400 auto w/3.73, '70 Challenger SE 383 2bbl,'
'70 Duster 318, '72 Scamp 318, '73 Duster 340 auto, '68 Polara 500 383, '70 GTX 440 4bbl auto purple
W/black stripes, air grabber, black buckets and console. Every one of these cars were my every day drivers
all year long in Chicago area except my
'64 Polara. Wait 'till ya hear the one I passed up on, though! My sister's old man brought a '71 Challenger
R/T 440 4spd pistol grip, Dana 4.10 purple w/blk stripes, wing, and I think it was a
Six pack car w/shaker. It had a sick replacement 440 4bbl in it, but the car was in
Excellent condition. I had my '64 Polara at the time which was
my toy, and my purple 340 driver. Why would I need a Challenger?:eek:ops:

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pictures of your project 70 Dart if you get the chance.

Welcome to the site Mick ! 30 years ? I thought I was bad , my 70 had sat since 2001 and I finally brought it out again the end of last summer for about a month or two . Yours must be low millage too . Mine's only got about 56/57 k on it . How about some pictures ?

Thanks, guys. I will post more when I figure out how t.o do this. I'm new to this

In the 1970's, Dart had the original 340, stock automatic cam, headers, accel dual point distributor & super coil, single plane manifold, 750 double pump Holley, 2500 stall, 4.30 gear, 6000 rpm shift point
Went like hell. After a couple years in that configuration, a piston came apart one night putting a
connecting rod through the cylinder wall. After driving it for a while with a 318 2bbl (and embarassing a few) I put together a 360 with the heads, cam, windage tray/main cap bolts, angle oil filter mount,
drove it everyday for a couple more years and kicked a whole lot more ***.

Welcome to the site Mick ! 30 years ?

There are a few of us that have our cars this long. I just passed my 29th year of ownership of my '73 Cuda 4spd. Nice to see another long time owner.

Thanks, Rumblefish. You know how life goes. I'm doing this on a cheap
phone, so I have to figure out how to send pictures.

-
Back