retarded question

-

xlexl

Reaction score
Pulling all nighter trying to finish wiring on my 68 Fish. Swapping to electric voltage reg. and dual field alt. while im at it...figured out where everything goes except cant figure out whether brown wire or blue with trace is ignition 1....know one is ig.1 and the other is ig.2 but cant seem to figure out which is which

help...please i'm at a standstill and nearly done...should have put "help please" at the top...grr...

Shae, Jeff Ramin is a member of the Barracuda Owners Group and a VERY NICE GUY. Just drop him a note on his site and I'm sure he'll respond / fix up the problem.

Was Billy any help on the phone yesterday? Sorry to turn you over to him, but electrical scares the bejesus out of me and I figured you'd be in better hands -- and more likely to get the right info LOL -- talking to him. :-D

Nevermind...well for anyone else that grabs the wrong diagram and ever wonders the same thing try this one, not all of it but atleast they labeled enough for me to figure it out

http://www.jefframin.org/library/BarracudaDashWiring.jpg

Brown= Ignition 2
Blue w/ white trace=Ignition 1

Nice, Thanks for the link!

This means you are now done wiring it??? Make real sure the new electronic regulator has a GOOD ground!

Ok, well got it all wired, screwed up the wiring on the starter relay, switched the ground and starter solenoid wire, got that fixed, started turning over, blew my fuseable link after turning over about 5 times. Changed ground to something more substantial, blew after turning over 2ce...changed fuse to 30amp and blew as soon as I turned ignition to the start position...UGH....HELP I don't even know where to start diagnosing....could have to do with sleep depervation but Im genetically wired with the inability to stop a job before it's finished....

-
Back