Retractable Lap Seat Belts - with Shoulder Belt

-

Red383

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a set of these Retractable Lap Seat Belts - with Shoulder Belts, if so. how do you like them
They are similar to the factory belts in my 73 Dart

I have a set on their seatbelts in my 69. They look different where they clasp but otherwise the same. I have buckets and a console. They work well, the things I don't like is they don't retract all the way when not in use and that maybe where I have the buckle set to (I'm about 6'2" so drivers seat is all the way back), which I also find hard to adjust and get tight. Now, my set are about 3 years old but haven't seen any use until the last 2 months and at that they might have been used a total of 10-12 times so there may be a break in with use. All in all less BS then the OE 69 set up, my 11 and 14 year old boys fit, I have to help them tighten these because this is foreign ground to them, like a rotary phone would be.

I have something similar I bought for my 65 Dart conversion wagon. Not yet installed but looks like they’ll work OK

I have those in my 72 Dart and only use the lap belt portion of the assembly. I find the shoulder portion is extremely difficult to adjust and has no give like a modern belt once attached.

-
Back