Retro sound

-

Davecuda

Reaction score
1061EB15-20C5-4876-A2E6-30B1A6E225A5.png
found this today in clearance section on Summit. Looks like a good deal.

Yep, if you can make it fit. Heard lots of horror stories of people who have had issues making that fit their dash.

I just bought one for my '72 Duster....it was not that model which (I believe) is for a 70. I bought the cheapest model (Laguna) and it works really well and sounds good. It required no modification to fit my factory dash. Please be aware you should purchase a face plate...the one that comes with it is just a mislabeled rubber gasket. The faceplate required a small bit of trimming to fit the '72...really minor. All in all I like the product I purchased...I went through Crutchfield and they had great customer service.
Hope that helps.

The round knob ones seem to fit well its the thumb wheel 68-69 and 70 rallye dash ones that dont.

Too bad they couldn't put the ones on clearance that'll fit my 64 Valiant. dangit.

Yep, if you can make it fit. Heard lots of horror stories of people who have had issues making that fit their dash.

Got one in my 68 Cuda. I actually installed it in place while the dash was out of my car. It fit perfectly and sounds great. I also installed a 550 watt amp and 6 speakers , all hidden. My only complaint is that it is a little awkward to manipulate the functions using the thumbwheels although that is probably because I don't use it enough. As well, if you disconnect the battery . you have to reprogram all the features and settings again. This is a royal pain!!

I installed the Retro Sound LAC 5the 02-06-76 Laguna radio in my 1965 Barracuda. It easily fit in the dash and I used the original Barracuda faceplate and knobs.

-
Back