Reverse Indicator Lamp

-
the second pic is an actual 4spd car the first pic is my dash in my '71 that I located after looking at a lot of pics.

Attachments

• dash2.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 484
  • DCP_4349.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 466
i had the same question with the location on my 68 dart and learned there was no one spot, it was a close type deal, i ended up with close to 15 pic's and just about every one was in a diff place.

well, here is the problem i ran into. with those picks above, i do not think they are located correctly. as i found out the hard way. if you look at the light itself on the mounting surface, you will see that it is not flat, nor does it sit on a flat surface. yet, it is arched some. the light is supposed to sit on the lip of the the flat area, and the contour of the dashframe itself.

well, on the reverse light i put in my car, which the light came out of a 70 340 4 speed car, was located right here. sorry for the butcher of your pic.lol

see how part of it goes above the green line and part below it. and if you look on the back of the light itself, you will see it has that contour

Attachments

• dash2.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 417
does this help?

Attachments

• IMG_0994.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 412
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes, that is the correct location right there.lol

yes and thats what i did with mine too, i kept moving it around until the bottom on the light fixture sat correctly on the bottom of the dash then marked and drilled the hole, it looks correct, i guess thats what mattered to me and i can see it. sorry i didnt have any pic's to post of it. new computer,,

pete, can 't ya feel under the dash? i could swear they were pre drilled on the bracing under there.

I have a 4-speed lamp I'm installing on a 67, anyone have a good closeup of the area with a tape measure?

Can't be sure, but seems to me that I posted some measurements in another thread. Have to go looking for it, though.

Here's the thread where I posted my measurements.

Here's what I posted, just so you don't have to go read the whole thread.

Mine measured 1" from the edge of the ash tray opening, towards the driver, and 2" up from the bottom of the dash skin. The bottom edge has some tabs and such, like right at the ash tray. The 2" is measured up from the edge where there is no tab.

The hole was 3/4" in diameter, and had a 1/8" hole about 1/2" from center to center directly below the larger hole. There is a tab that fits into the smaller hole.

My dash looks like it's pretty thick there, like maybe there was a back up plate to the hole? Don't know, just a thought.

-
Back