Not open for further replies.

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Contact seller
Howdy gang, cosgig here! With Dels help, I am amending this thread to correct the item I really need!! The part I need is the reverse light trigger switch that mounts to the shifter mounting bracket and turns on the revers light when the shifter is in the reverse position!!! I assume they are all the same between years, but for reference it will be going on a 66 Valiant! Either used or a lead on where to buy them new would be most appreciated!! Thanks people, Geof

Pic of current "setup", found under the carpet!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 141
Neutral safety was never on the shifter, "backup" was until 68? 69?

NSS was always on the transmission. Single post switch earlier, 3 post switch for both NSS and backup "later"

Neutral safety was never on the shifter, "backup" was until 68? 69?

NSS was always on the transmission. Single post switch earlier, 3 post switch for both NSS and backup "later"

There is a switch mounted on the shifter housing that completes the circuit when the shifter is in park or neutral, and allows the car to start! Here is a pic of the bracket for it, but the switch is missing!! This is the switch I need!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 141
What I'm saying is that is not factory if its for neutral. If there's a factory switch there, it's was for backup lamps. NSS is on the transmission.

What I'm saying is that is not factory if its for neutral. If there's a factory switch there, it's was for backup lamps. NSS is on the transmission.

Hmm, that makes sense!! So, I think I should amend my title to reflect this, thanks Del for helping!! As usual, you always come through!! Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back