reverse thread ?

-

pagilman

Reaction score
Hi, I remember hearing that something on a mopar is reverse threaded and can't remember what. Can anyone help? I tryed to get my pickup tube off today to install a new oil pump and am having a heck of a time. PB Blaster is now soaking it. I was afraid to put to much pressure on the tube untill i made sure it wasn't reverse threaded. What exactly is reversed on a mopar? thanks Walt:angryfir:

Wheel lugs were left hand thread from the factory on the driver's side. Other than that I can't think of anything.

The reverse threads are the driver's side lug nuts, but that stopped sometime in 1971.

It's definitely not the pickup tube that is "reverse" thread. There were the infamous LH thread lug studs on some of the older rear axles, but that's about all that I can think of that's "backwards".

Some of the shifter handles also had left hand threads, for the jam-nut.
Aside from the lug nuts, that's all I can think of.

I thought of some more LH threads. Not sure about all of them, but 8 3/4" ring gears are held on by LH threads.

One out of two tie rod ends too I think?

Some of the shifter handles also had left hand threads, for the jam-nut.
Aside from the lug nuts, that's all I can think of.

The 3 speed shift knob on my '72 Duster is left hand thread, it makes it impossible to find a replacement knob. This to me is the dumbest thing Mopar did, why would you need a left hand thread shift knob?

Chuck

-
Back