Rhoads hydraulic roller lifters.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I know they are crazy expensive,...was just curious,if anyone tried a set.... yet. Considered how street able hyd rollers cams ,are.... Was seeing, if anyone had information... (No ,I don't need a set,...I have 12"-13" inches of vacuum,in gear.... ) Just trollin', for new knowledge.

I know they are crazy expensive,...was just curious,if anyone tried a set.... yet. Considered how street able hyd rollers cams ,are.... Was seeing, if anyone had information... (No ,I don't need a set,...I have 12"-13" inches of vacuum,in gear.... ) Just trollin', for new knowledge.

I would like to know myself.... Potential engine build later in the year.

JW

A friend has them in his 318. It runs better than most and I never notice a noise. I'd run em

Dad's wagon has had them for many many years. Google "Jim Hand 455 Pontiac" and read a bit of his camshaft info and he talks about them in may places.

I am sorry to mislead, I meant he has used Rhoads lifters for many many years.

Last edited:
I have no experience with the roller lifters from Rhoads, just with there Hyd. units. There best in ether band aiding the wrong cam smaller or used with a slightly large cam in order to regain a few degrees to expand the rpm range downwards on purpose as part of the build.
An example is to use them with a cam 10*'s to large to work with a gear ratio that is to low with the cam as ground. Once the lifter pumps up, your already in an area of engine operation that wouldn't mind the extra 10*'s duration since your moving down the road.

I have no experience with the roller lifters from Rhoads, just with there Hyd. units. There best in ether band aiding the wrong cam smaller or used with a slightly large cam in order to regain a few degrees to expand the rpm range downwards on purpose as part of the build.
An example is to use them with a cam 10*'s to large to work with a gear ratio that is to low with the cam as ground. Once the lifter pumps up, your already in an area of engine operation that wouldn't mind the extra 10*'s duration since your moving down the road.

Something like that, yes...... They definitely tame a bigger stick at idle....

JW

Have not used the roller Rhoads either, but have used their hyd units on a couple of engine with dual quads to tame the cam a little for better vacuum signal at lower rpm, better idle and throttle response.

-
Back