Ricer eat's 340 alive!!! beware

-
This ricer ate a 340 alive!!! Literally!!! beware if you pull up next to this thing(it won't be like shootin fish in a barrel)
You keep good company waggin 8) I bet that thing is sweet to drive and hauls the mail :shock::burnout:

We all have to remember that as far back as Jesse James, Wyatt Earp,etc there was ALWAYS someone faster.

Me and my son painted it a few years back for him and after we were done he loved the work that we did and gave my son a honda z50 christmas special,very good machinist and friend,he's gettiing ready to have me do some more paint and body work to it after adding a hood scoop and soeone backed into the 1/4 panel.he also added some frame connectors to it and 3 " exhaust to help the 340 breath a bit better.he's wanting to do up a slanty a body now and been digging around my yard to see what I got,but hasn't said much more about it.

Did someone say something about BIG chunk o' lead? 54-cal muzzle loader throw a big enough chunk for ya?

IMG00299.jpg

I have built three Datsun Z's with small block chevys. A 240Z, a 280Z and my latest was a 280ZX. The 240Z requires a rear end update to a 280Z rear. The 280Z R200 rear will handle close to 500hp, provided you are not running slicks. With slicks it requires modifications using 300ZX half shafts.
Here are some pics of my 280ZX.
0210_side.jpg

engine_8x11.jpg

nice lil' car you built there,It'd be neat to see how the chevy would do against the mopar version.very nice workmanship on your car !!!!

I'm seeing more and more of these type builds lately, American drivetrains in Jap vehicles. There is a guy on S10planet.com who has built several RX7's with turbo's Chevy 4.3's. There is kid at school with my son running a Chevy 400 small block in Toyota Tacoma.

Way back in 1988 we went out to visit a friend of mine who was the National Parts Manager at Shelby Automobiles. He took us to an unreal car dealership that only had muscle cars and other killer stuff. In the showroom there was a Porsche 911 that had a Chevy 427 where the back seat used to be. I asked it it came with ear protection. It didn't.

One day at Cecil County Dragway the racing was temporarily halted for a brief rain so we went over to watch the mud hops. There was another out of place 427 there. It was in a Suzuki Samurai. Man, it is amazing what you can do with just the right mix of money and insanity.

What a waste of a nice motor sticking it in something like that..:thumbdow::thumbdow:

Hey now the guys that build the real tuners build some FAST cars.... and thats usually with 4 and 6 cyl engines.

I like both of those cars cause it's something different, and I like different.

I have respect for a fast anything.

I used to have a 280z til someone in a jeep ran it over:angry7:
when I had it I was looking for some way to desecrate it and ran acros this. the 340 would probably handle better and have better balance. he calls it a 440Z
Z1Medium.jpg

Z3Medium.jpg

Burn2Medium.jpg

BURNOUTLarge.jpg

moparz.jpg

440inz3Small.jpg

RightsideofmotorMedium.jpg

I believe Paul Ruschman at Rusch Motorsports in OR was the gent who built that car.

You want torque induced oversteer?!?? We got in spades!!! :mrgreen: Yep, the car is a monster.

Davy

I used to have a 280z til someone in a jeep ran it over:angry7:
when I had it I was looking for some way to desecrate it and ran acros this. the 340 would probably handle better and have better balance. he calls it a 440Z
Z1Medium.jpg

Z3Medium.jpg

Burn2Medium.jpg

BURNOUTLarge.jpg

moparz.jpg

440inz3Small.jpg

RightsideofmotorMedium.jpg
Wow thats not the hunkpick your part special of junk i saw you driving, are you tryin to say that was your car? LIAR !! FAIL !!!!!!!!!!! youre hunk of junk gross polluter deserved what it got. Lates Scotty.
:bootysha:

Wow thats not the hunkpick your part special of junk i saw you driving, are you tryin to say that was your car? LIAR !! FAIL !!!!!!!!!!! youre hunk of junk gross polluter deserved what it got. Lates Scotty.
:bootysha:
Whoa there travelocity Gnome! slow down on the beer your spelling is suffering! aparently your reading ability as well. I didn't claim this was mine.
I did well on mine. the insurance paid approx. $2300.00 for the car and then I junked it out as a gross polluter for another $1000.00 can't have been too much a piece of junk.
tell us the story of the great (1964 Plymouth) Pumpkin, Charley Brown!
iconpound3vw.gif

Whoa there travelocity Gnome! slow down on the beer your spelling is suffering! aparently your reading ability as well. I didn't claim this was mine.
I did well on mine. the insurance paid approx. $2300.00 for the car and then I junked it out as a gross polluter for another $1000.00 can't have been too much a piece of junk.
tell us the story of the great (1964 Plymouth) Pumpkin, Charley Brown!
iconpound3vw.gif

LMAO...^

THX for the pics that "Z" ROCKS!

(oh just by way of "comment validation") I wrote service for a Nissan dealer "in the day" and saw/ authorized repair/ on more than a few
conversions...

the biggest prob we dealt with was the slippery body turning into an
airfoil at a buck + :-D

-
Back