Ride height

-

BobbyY

Old Mopar guy
Reaction score
I'm looking for the stock ride height of a 67 Dart. I would like to have a measurement from just behind the front wheels and just behind the rear wheels. I'm not setting ride height from these measurements, just want to compare the numbers to where my car currently sits. So if anyone has a 67-69 that they could pull the measurements off of I would appriciate it.

Bobby

Tire size will affect this. That's why the factory setting for the front is based on the difference between the floor and two places on the lower control arm and not a distance to the floor of the car.

Thanks Jim, I understand that, just trying to get some idea what the stock visual ride height was. Most of the cars came with E or F X70 14's, my original was G70X14 and it was a special order. The diameter range was from 25.9 inches to 26.8 inches. I am going with a HemiDenny tubular front end so I have some ride height options on the coil overs. I have not decided on 15 or 17 inch wheels yet but overall diameter of the tire will be around 27 inches. My idea is to put my jack under the frame and jack it up until the body height is about where a the stock one was, that should let me size everything to get it close to that.

I don't think height is all that important, as long as

it's even both sides

You have sufficient travel to the bump stops

It's "in the rhelm" of where the caster/ camber was set, IE you don't want to change ride height much after you set caster/ camber

Mine may not be relevant, because I've got a later K and LCA's

Original specs in my 67 manual says 2 1/8 + / - 1/8"

Below is right out of my 67 shop manual

Attachments

• height1.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 448
  • height2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 433
  • height3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 430
Thanks for the info. My problem is I'm going to a Hemi Denny tubular front end. I need to know what shock coil over to order to get the ride height. I'm not looking for exact just trying to figure out where the original Dart set. I will be putting new SS springs on the rear and I'm sure that is going to give me about a 1' increase in the rear, just don't want it to look too funny, I don't mind the front sitting just a little lower.

Bobby

left to right should be equal unless running SS springs. front to back should be 1" to 1.5" per MP book, best Areo

What do you mean unless running SS springs, do they give a different ride height side to side. I am planning on replacing my leaf springs with new ones. Looks like I have a number of choices, Mopar XHD, Mopar SS, Hotchkis Sport Suspension.

What do you mean unless running SS springs, do they give a different ride height side to side. I am planning on replacing my leaf springs with new ones. Looks like I have a number of choices, Mopar XHD, Mopar SS, Hotchkis Sport Suspension.

the Super Stock springs (002/003) lean due to different arches needed for traction.

the XHD's are nice, and hotchkis is for more road racing if thats the way your going (prostreet)

pass side sits a little higher with SS springs, so when you launch the car is leveled out due to the engine torque

-
Back