right angle adapter

-

moparker

Reaction score
What BLEEPIN size is the bolt that runs through the center of the adapter?

C'mon! I tried 1"1/4 and 1"1/8. The 1'1/4 was too big and the other too small. What the bleep?

3/4 fine thread; but it is hollow, and has 2 slots up by the head. That may be important...

What size is the head of the bolt?

C'mon! I tried 1"1/4 and 1"1/8. The 1'1/4 was too big and the other too small. What the bleep?

I guess that leaves 1" 3/16 ? Does that exist? I thought I remembered seeing one that size when I was looking for the one to crank the engine by hand with a breaker bar (1" 5/16).

are you talking about the oil filter adapter?

Strange, I have 2 70 340s. 1 has 3/4" head bolt, the other one has big head, over 1", but can't get to it to measure.

SUCCESS! 1"3/16 IS THE WINNER. Put the gasket kit in and all is well. Took it for a spin and it ran fine. Once all the oil from removal burnt off the header no more leak from there. Still have other leaks but,they don't leak on the header. I tried to install a inspection cover that I picked up but, the bolt hole around the starter side didn't line up. Oh well, keep looking I guess. Thanks for the help guys.

FYI!!!
The Oil Filter Adaptor Bolt is special... Hollow.

Please be careful with whatever bolt you used.

Later,
Bruce B.

I used the original bolt that came with it frome the factory. I was just replacing the gaskets.

-
Back