Right Angle Oil Filter Adapter Mounting Bolt Question

-

FJRdoc

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was attaching the right angle adapter on the 273 the other week. Unfortunately, I snapped the large mounting bolt. I was able to remove the threaded portion. I ordered a mounting kit that came with gaskets and a new stronger bolt. Unfortunately, the bolt is short and won't engage the threads of the block.
Where the bolts longer on the original cast iron adapters? Anybody know a source for a correct bolt?
Thanks in advance

I was attaching the right angle adapter on the 273 the other week. Unfortunately, I snapped the large mounting bolt. I was able to remove the threaded portion. I ordered a mounting kit that came with gaskets and a new stronger bolt. Unfortunately, the bolt is short and won't engage the threads of the block.
Where the bolts longer on the original cast iron adapters? Anybody know a source for a correct bolt?
Thanks in advance

Here you go.

Brewer's Performance

10510 State Route 571
Laura, OH 45337

PH: (937) 947-4416 or (937) 698-4259
FAX: (937) 947-4419

OFB-1-1.jpg

Product ID: OFB-1
OFB-1 SMALL BLOCK 90 DEGREE OIL FILTER ADAPTER BOLT/GASKET PKG
Details

This bolt and gasket package is used to mount the 90o oil filter adapter to Small Block V8 engines. The bolt is stronger than the original to provide better sealing capabilities. Includes 3 1/2" bolt and three gaskets shown.
Price: $31.95

Sorry for the dumb question, how do you get the oil filter stud out?
Thanks

I suspect that you would need 2 nuts that fit the stud thread Tighten them both on the stud and then use a wrench to loosen by turning the inner nut.

There is also a big difference in bolt size from say'69 to a '72.

The originals were twisting in the slot area, or so I have read.

-
Back