Right hand door mirror placement

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
I want to add a right hand mirror to my 69 barracuda that did not have one from the factory. I have seen posts saying that the RH mirror is placed the same distance back from the front of the door as the LH side and others saying RH mirror is a little further back than the left. Can folks that have a factory dual mirror car give the straight scoop please? Car going to paint soon and obviously don't want to cut hole in wrong position. I know that it will have limited practical value but just really want it for symmetry as I think it looks better.

From what I remember, they are not in the same spot due to sightlines with the A pillars and the windwing frame. I do not know if the service manual discusses the placement.

I remember noticing that they were different on my dad's 67 273 vert.

On a 67, they are offset. Driver side is alongside the vent window, passenger side behind.
68 up, they are both mounted behind the window

Interesting. I mounted my right mirror symmetrical to the lefthand side (on a 67 FB), in the forward position you described, because I thought it looked better that way, and it turned out it was in a perfect position for visibility. All kinds of people had told me it would not be visible. But I run the seat all the way back.

My 67 convertible has them symmetrical as well, but I don't know if it had a righthand mirror from the factory -- that's the sort of embellishment my father would have installed.

It's the driver side mirror I can't see <grin>. I have to close one eye and look at it around the vent window frame.

-
Back