right hand left, hand water pumps

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
hey all I am finally buidling a motor 2 years behind and not a stroker . what we got was a 1971 360 block with a passenger side timing and drivers side water pump. We ran into a problem we overlooked right away I wanted to put in a cooler radiator that runs passenger side bottom . the timing cover water pumps I have from my 340 wont interchange with the 360 to intake water from the passenger side with out losing my alternator mount hole and the holes for my power steering mounting and the water pump intake tube would block my timing marks . does any 1 have apart # for a water pump that is like a 340 water pump and accepts my alternator and my power steering and possibly has a drivers side timing and has a bottom passenger side water tube for a small block 65 barracuda size aluiminum radiator ?? other wise build on go buy a new radiator and sell this 1 . not off to a good start . if you have #s or parts can you send pictures and years to [email protected] and or try to post please ? thanks

I think a decent machine shop, maybe a rad shop,, could change the bottom outlet to the other side, for a reasonable price.. check that out..

Ran into the water pump left/right issue. I had a 273 in my '65 and when I installed my 318, I just used the water pump from the 273 to keep using the same radiator. I did install a new aluminum radiator later and they made it for a right hand or left hand lower water pump

The change was 69 to 70. 69 and earlier used the pass side timing marks and opposite side for lower rad hose. In my 69 Dart I used the 70 and later set up and then I had the original radiator lower hose outlet changed over to the opposite side to work with the later set up.

-
Back