Right qtr. done(pics.)

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
I managed to get the right qtr. done within the last 2 weekends,just got the rest of the welds ground down today. :D
Next will be the front inner fenderwells,the right one needs alot of attention then onto the frame connectors.
I'll come back and do the finish bodywork after everything else is welded up.
88141142.jpg

88141159.jpg

For you guys that are doing this to your Duster or Demons check your marker lights,i had to open both of mine up a little to make them fit!

88141142.jpg

88141159.jpg

Looking Good man. Keep It up. Im glad i dont have to do anything like that to my 65. Looks like it would be a pain in the ***.

Xanth said:
Looking Good man. Keep It up. Im glad i dont have to do anything like that to my 65. Looks like it would be a pain in the ***.

I had more trouble with the right side than the left,the aftermarket qtrs. aren't made exact and had to do a little massaging to get it to fit right.

Hopefully it will look good when it's all done. :?

looking good. I need to do that to my 68 dart post. where did you get the qtrs from. any thing I should look out for. I only need the rt side. the left is fine. the car was hit on the pass side. did you do trunk extensions too. how hard is afterall. sorry for all the lame ?s. Ian

I got mine from Auto Body Specialties.
Yep i had to replace the trunk floor exts. also,the hardest part was getting the old ones out! :x
As for what to look out for make sure your car is sitting level and make sure you know EXACTLY where you want to cut before you do.

thanks scamp. I still need to asess where to cut and what needs to be replaced but thanks for the info. Ian

This is my brother's 69 RR were doing.
He don't have his garage built yet so it's in the bay next to my Duster.
We replaced both qtrs.,trunk floor exts. and outer wheelhouses.
It still needs a driver side floor pan and a little work on the inner fenderwells.

88152526.jpg

88152537.jpg

88152526.jpg

88152537.jpg

Where did you get your aftermarket qtr's from? Do they make patch panels for like the very lower parts of the panels. On my Dart Sport just the very corners of the wheels wells need to be replaced.

Mopardude said:
Where did you get your aftermarket qtr's from? Do they make patch panels for like the very lower parts of the panels. On my Dart Sport just the very corners of the wheels wells need to be replaced.
yeah, rust panels would simplify my body work quite a bit. but if i wait too much longer im going to have to replace the whole qtr anyway..

Mopardude said:

Most of the aftermarket places carry qtrs. and lower patch panels behind the tire.
It might be easier for you to make your own pieces if it's just the corners that are bad.

i'm getting ready to do the quarters on my 71 scamp and also on my uncles 70 satalite. Did you stitch weld the seam? I'm concerned about warping the panel. any tips would be great.

lauger99 said:
i'm getting ready to do the quarters on my 71 scamp and also on my uncles 70 satalite. Did you stitch weld the seam? I'm concerned about warping the panel. any tips would be great.

I screwed them together with self tapping screws to hold everything in place then just tacked it all together then took out all the screws and plug welded the holes.

Do you have any pics. of your Scamp?
Always nice to meet another Scamp owner. :)

Kev
That looks good. :salut: Seems you got the welding part down. Keep us posted on the progress

toplscuda said:
Kev
That looks good. :salut: Seems you got the welding part down. Keep us posted on the progress

Thanks to you for all your helpful advice! :D :thumleft:

i need to do mine hopefully get it done in the next year like most all i need to do is the lower panels for now as long as i don't wait too long

-
Back