Ring compressor

-

Dusterdan340

Reaction score
I read the reviews on several ring compressors and the biggest complaint was they are cheap and dont survive a rebuild. Any suggestions on a reliable RC that will fit my 440 + .030 and also fit my 340 which is next years project and I am on somewhat of a budget. wife is getting whinny too...mostly cuz of what im spending on the 440... suggestions welcome

I read the reviews on several ring compressors and the biggest complaint was they are cheap and dont survive a rebuild. Any suggestions on a reliable RC that will fit my 440 + .030 and also fit my 340 which is next years project and I am on somewhat of a budget. wife is getting whinny too...mostly cuz of what im spending on the 440... suggestions welcome

You mean,,,,a compressor for piston rings ,,right ?

I’ve got one I’ve used countless times,,,,it still works like new !

Tommy

Pictures?

Top Right

For A Bodies Only 010.JPG

I have a coupla any size Springsteel jobbies.
The "good one" either Mac or S/on I inherited used with the business, very old, but works good, lasted about 60 years, dozens of engines, all sizes, and been the "shop-tool" for over a dozen mechanics.
It needed "tuning" a few times.
The similar kind, I bought for home use, but wouldn't " tune ", - became a frisbee across the yard one night.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Think I will order the aluminum one from Summit, at least it is made in the USA. It is sure getting hard to find parts still made here! I am willing to pay more for that

THese work quite well and if you talk to the tool guy nicely, he can order the handle and a band or two separately.
1726577660756.png

-
Back