RIP Ronnie James Dio

-
On That Metal Show Eddie Trunk made an annoucement that Ronnie was fighting cancer and it was under control. So sad to hear this.... he was beyond huge in the Metal world.

Ronnie James Dio

DIO-vi.jpg

Rest in Peace

Man that sucks i didn,t know he was sick.
Rest in peace ronnie > a legend and talent will be missed

wow--- he could belt out the vocals--- early 80's in the army stationed in Germany we would crank his tunes-- many a good time --- ---- Your time in line was up. R I P -- Lawrence

Man that sucks i didn,t know he was sick.
Rest in peace ronnie > a legend and talent will be missed
x4 Man this totally sucks, best Metal singer R.I.P Ronnie you will be missed:( :supz:

Brad

I saw him twice. Once on tour with Motorhead and Maiden and once with the Black Sabbeth line up (Heaven and Hell). Glad I saw him, another Icon gone. RIP Ronnie.

This is a tough year for metal. Peter Steele, Dio, Bret Micheals was a mess, I heard the original drummer for Twisted Sister died today too.

"Oh what a drag is is getting old!"

Speaking of... It's amazing those Rolling Stones guys are still around! Ozzy too, for that matter!

I would have loved to see Ronnie in concert but now that will never happen R.I.P Ronnie

Dio-INT.jpg

1980 something,Front row,Bakersfield California,Black Sabbath Heaven And Hell tour,I was tapping on Ronnie James Dio's boots !!!!!!! Never forget that !!!

What a bad *** !!!! Lost a great one !!!! Metal god !!!!!

RIP Ronnie James.

I saw a little known band called Elf open for Uriah Heep in the 70`s. Elf was a hard rockin', blues rock band with a honkey-tonk piano player and Ronnie Dio on vocals. Yeah, I know, that was a long time ago, anyway, I liked them more than Uriah Heep. The next day I went out and bought the "Elf" album. Elf has always been my favorite band that Dio fronted. Ronnie Dio definitely made an imprint on rock music, past and present, he`ll be sorely missed. :rock: I think I`ll go search Youtube for some Elf now.

Saw him 2 years ago in New Jersey. He was 65 at the time. Trust me. Nothing was lost in his performance. He hit every not and each song was better than the one before. A legendary performer has been lost. Cancer is a cruel disease.

he will be missed a great loss in the metal scene RIP Dio :rock: we'll keep it turned up here

What really sucks is how little they have reported his death, yet a pediphile loser like Michael Jackson gets all kinds of press. What a world.

What really sucks is how little they have reported his death, yet a pediphile loser like Michael Jackson gets all kinds of press. What a world.

Was thinking the same thing.

Dio won't get alot of air time because he was a down to earth, straight guy that was very educated and treated everyone like his Brother, just don't piss him off.
I firmly believe he is NOT in hell.

Dio had excellent marketing techniques which brought about a certain stigma for those who did not know much about him.
he knew how to write, he knew how to scream, and he knew how to market his material.

-
Back