Ripped off by 65Barracudadude.

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately it is time to call a spade a spade.

I paid Mathew Harrington (65Barracudadude) $75 on May 8th for a set of kick panels for my Barracuda. I have never received them, just excuses.
We had also worked out a deal for the slant to V8 swap he was selling here. Thank god there was no money exchanged on the second deal. I guess I will have to find them elsewhere.

There was a Craigslist add posted with his car and some parts, including the ones he had promised me. I replied to the add identifying myself and saying "You need to contact me via email or PM at FABO" . His "BROTHER" sent me this in reply.

"Well, I'm not sure who you are, but I'm going to assume that you are referring to my older brother Matthew. Well, I'm unable to give you any information as to where he is. He up and left town. Owing me and the rest of our family money too. I can only assume that he owes you something as well. Luckily, I found the title to his car in the house here. And he had signed it. So, If I can sell it I'll be able to recoop some of the money that he bailed on. This whole situation is really unpleasant. I know that he spent a lot of time on FABO. And I can only assume that he has screwed someone over in the process. I really do not know what happened with him. Even though of the recent events, he really has turned his life around in the last 6-7 years. But his X, the mother of his child, really left him high and dry. I think that he started drinking again. Maybe even started doing some kind of drugs. I really do not think that he intentionally did any of these recent things on purpose. But it would have been nice if he didn't just up and leave. I think he could have made things straight between me and my family before hand. And maybe you too? I also got a call from someone who belongs to FABO earlier today. I just simply said that he was not here. I guess I'm just venting now. If you could possibly tell me what he has done that would be nice. Maybe there is something that I can do to make it right. He left a whole garage of parts and such. Anyway, I'm going to sell his car though. I have been put in a finantial bind and need to get out of it."

It was sent from Mathew's email account.

I am sorry your life sucks right now Mathew, thanks for helping make mine suck a little more too! I HATE F'n thieves! :thebirdm::angry7:

something " fishy " there for sure...... hope something works out...

-RPM

I have no idea who he is but he obviously has bigger problems than you know about. It's too bad you got burned for a few bucks but that's nothing compared to what his family must be going through, not just financially but emotionally.

Ok, I'll take my rose colored glasses off now, it sucks no matter how you look at it.

Crap, that does suck. I did a search and he had a quite a few posts but had only been here since last December.

Sorry to hear 340.

This stinks and smells fishy to me, But it could be true.:stop:
$75 is allot of money to most folks here.
Heck I bet that kind of lose of cash would make me go hungry if someone ripped me off for that much 340 Dart.
Thank you for the feed back, we need to know these things.:read2:
I think he pm'ed me to sell me a Tachometer back a couple mouth ago.
Sorry for your lost cash 340 Dart

It doesn't matter what he and his family are going through right now. Why would you steal from someone? I am at rock bottom almost myself and would never resort to thievery. Plus im an alcoholic. So that's no excuse there either. But if he's a crack head you are probably out of luck. Hopefully you have saved someone else from getting burned by that loser Mathew Harrington. And for his brother to say he didn't do this on purpose is BS. He knows what he did. Be a man 65Barracudadude and pay up.

It doesn't matter what he and his family are going through right now. Why would you steal from someone? I am at rock bottom almost myself and would never resort to thievery. Plus im an alcoholic. So that's no excuse there either. But if he's a crack head you are probably out of luck. Hopefully you have saved someone else from getting burned by that loser Mathew Harrington. And for his brother to say he didn't do this on purpose is BS. He knows what he did. Be a man 65Barracudadude and pay up.
I could not have said it better :cheers:

sorry to hear of the stupidity. Had the same problem with a engine builder here in ma . the guy took 6500 of my money and went missing in action. Was a huge amount of my budget and has since made my charity build very hard to complete. What I have learned from this is first no cash till part is in hand,second it sucks to be a nice guuy and trust worthy! You get burnt no matter what ! Listen I have a v-8 k-member out of my 73 scamp you can have if it will help. Just cover shipping and it is yours. I have very little mopar stuff but let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

I wasn't giving him a free pass, just saying if you think you feel bad getting burned for $75 how do you think his family feels getting burned and betrayed by him. He obviously has some major problems. I don't have any use for thieves either but I think there's more afoot here than just that.

i smell BS. the "brother" is advertising your parts. they are not the "brothers" to sell they are yours. i would tell him to send them asap or you should contact USPS or paypal to start mail fraud/internet fraud charges/chargeback

alot of you guys just lay over when you get ripped off. for $75 i would have the fun of making his life a headache if he did that to me.

the "brother" cant legally sell a car that he doesnt own.

if you want the links to the USPS fraud division i will post them.

It`s hard to discern truth from lies in cases like this. If you sent him money through the mail then start charges against him for mail fraud.

I wasn't giving him a free pass, just saying if you think you feel bad getting burned for $75 how do you think his family feels getting burned and betrayed by him. He obviously has some major problems. I don't have any use for thieves either but I think there's more afoot here than just that.

You are correct Rob. My brother in law was a crack head who would steal from his own family and they would do anything for him. Well he's gone now from an overdose. My appoligies to his family for saying they didn't matter. Let's hope this has a positive ending for all.

sorry to hear of the stupidity. Had the same problem with a engine builder here in ma . the guy took 6500 of my money and went missing in action. Was a huge amount of my budget and has since made my charity build very hard to complete. What I have learned from this is first no cash till part is in hand,second it sucks to be a nice guuy and trust worthy! You get burnt no matter what ! Listen I have a v-8 k-member out of my 73 scamp you can have if it will help. Just cover shipping and it is yours. I have very little mopar stuff but let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
I appreciate the offer but it is for the Wife's 66 Dart and I don't think it will work.
I pulled the 340 out of the Duster a couple of nights ago. I am going to install the 318 today and get it out of my garage so I can get the wife's car in there and install the 340. I was really counting on having all these parts by this weekend.:angry7:

I will not miss a meal over the $75, but I sure as hell can't afford to throw it away either.

I just got another email from his brother and he seems willing to give me the rocker panels I have paid for. However he is broke and cannot afford shipping. I will not send any more money that way.

Is there a member in Olympia Washington? I have his address now. If a member can pick them up and ship them to me I will pay shipping again and gladly give you some gas money for your trouble.

340 Dart, sorry to hear about that deal gone bad. I have had some reservations re: that member after a transaction between us went south. As Ramcharger said, he was here for just a short while but racked up a lot of posts. I noticed that as well in the past month.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the email you received was written by him and not his brother. Several things in it smack of BS. In a way, it would get alot of the people looking for him off his back. Most people would stop calling and emailing if they read it - thinking that he wasn't around any longer. Whether it was written by him or his brother, take them up on the offer to get something else (in the garage) of equal or greater value and have them send it to you. This way, you can recoup some or all of your monies sent. Good luck.

I just read that the offer for the rockers. You are absolutely right trying to find someone to pick them up and perhaps other parts that will compensate you for the panels. I would tell him to hold on to them and you will find someone to pick them up. It would be great if lead69 could go back there since he has met him and knows what he looks like.

Sounds like drugs to me. If you're reading this Matthew please get help, so you can be there for your little girl. If you fell you gotta get up again, for her sake as well as yours. I'm praying for you, man.

I am not judging but after reading that ad his "brother" sure seems to know alot about his car.

After reading the add from the post I say flag it for the stolen parts that you guys have paid for and not recieved.

-
Back