Road wheels

-

69DARTS

69 Darts Rule
Reaction score
Are they getting hard to find. What are they going for these days

Not as far as I know if you take magnum 500's de-chrome them paint them and and add a trim ring, you have road wheels. That's what I am doing to my mag 500's turning them into road wheels.

Do you mean the Chrysler 15" road wheels used on C-body cars? They also used them on trucks & 74-up b-bodies too :glasses7:

I assume you are thinking about these for that 76 New Yorker you are looking at :glasses7:

I know you see alot more Rallies , then you do road , and Magnums, i keep spare of everything , if i see a deal i will buy it.

Whoa, you're de-chroming Magnum 500's???

Please tell me they were badly rusted.

I have a full set of 1974 14" road wheels I'm thinking of selling.

I was going to send the OP to Wheelvintiques.com but it looks like the "road wheels" are a style they actually don't reproduce. Go figure!

No one in the swap meet takes Road Wheels to the Mopar Nats because they aren't worth hauling there. $25 each for a decent wheel. More if they have really nice trim rings since the correct ones aren't repopped. New centers can be had from a few places.

No one takes the Road Wheels to the Mopar Nats because they aren't worth hauling there. $25 each for a decent wheel. More if they have really nice trim rings since the correct ones aren't repopped. New centers can be had from a few places.

That's surprising, IMO. They're at least as good looking as other steelies that folks covet...at least to my eye.

Is there something wrong with them? Are they excessively heavy?

Probably since they were only offered in 14" size. Most guys want a 15" so they can get a performance tire. I love the way they look. They just don't bring any real money. They are a PITA to mask and paint. I guess I'd pay more if they were already painted.

No body wants 14" Rallyes either...BBP at least.

Whoa, you're de-chroming Magnum 500's???

Please tell me they were badly rusted.

I have a full set of 1974 14" road wheels I'm thinking of selling.

Oh yeah, they were toast, and they were giving to me for free.

Do you mean the Chrysler 15" road wheels used on C-body cars? They also used them on trucks & 74-up b-bodies too :glasses7:

I assume you are thinking about these for that 76 New Yorker you are looking at :glasses7:

yes u hit the nail on the head thats what i am doing good eye

I picked these stencils up for when I am ready to paint my Road wheels, http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-76-Dodge..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item1e6036447c&vxp=mtr And I purchased new complete centers for 103.00 I just have to order 4 new trim rings and get some tires.

But the above post are right no one wants 14" no more, I may never put these rims on my car. I am still looking for 16" or 17" wheels with a low profile tire. But getting my Mag 500's for free I could not pass it up.

Oh you are talking about these huh?

Attachments

• road wheel.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 245
Probably since they were only offered in 14" size. Most guys want a 15" so they can get a performance tire. I love the way they look. They just don't bring any real money. They are a PITA to mask and paint. I guess I'd pay more if they were already painted.

No body wants 14" Rallyes either...BBP at least.

Ahh... this makes sense.
I assumed they were 15" and as usual, I assumed wrong. :)

15" is barely an option these days if you want a tire that is worth a crap. 16+ seems to be the way.

I agree it's probably a 14 thing.

Trim rings are $10 swap meet price.

Centers are very pricey at about $20-25 each.

I got friends with an old brake lathe...

They take 14 rallye and road and 5th Ave 15x7 steelies and make 15x7 rallye and road wheels.

...and you can buy NEW cars with S and Z rated tires on 15" wheels.

-
Back