Roadtests 1960-1972 (Stock 0-60 & 1/4 mile Times)

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Not sure if this has been posted up before. But here is a neat link showing acceleration times of the old muscle cars. Kinda cool seeing what the cars did right off the showroom floor with period/skinny tires, stock exhaust etc.... Note the "Top 10 1/4 mile times" list....

http://roadtests.tripod.com/index.html

Pat

i remember readin a test ronnie soxx did with i think a stock 70 duster 340-4spd he ran a best of 13.80 at about 101 or so anyone else remember this i may have read this in a mopar mag in the 90s lol

I'm sorry to through water on the fires of excitement, and I DEARLY wish I still had the '70's magazine I saw this in.

One day I was leafing through the latest editon of Hot Rod, Car Craft, etc etc etc in the early '70s and IN THE BACK part of the magazine was a little lined off box, sort of like an ad.

IT SAID (I do not remember the exact words) that "sometimes we lie." "We sometimes test cars under less than favorable conditions, the track conditions, the weather, blah blah blah, so we sometimes "FACTOR" the times and speeds to what WE THINK THEY WOULD BE if tested in more favorable conditons.

So in other words, at least some of these magazines, who make money from their ADVERTISERS LIE about test speeds and times.

Let the $hit storm begin. I was there. I read it. I still remember reading it. If anybody has tons of magazines from 1970-1974, it's in there, someplace.

Your right about that as I remember that being in a mag somewhere.
Also I am not knocking it but having Ronnie Sox rowing thru a 4 gear is unfair,just sayin is all.

Of course they fudged it!This is advertisment,anything to move the product.

-
Back