Rock albums ,that you love, most people don't know....

-
If you like bluesie southern rock. Check out Momma"s Pride. Best songs - Blue Mist, She's a stranger to me now, Can I call you a cab,

Joe Walsh: "The Smoker You Drink the Player You Get" and "You Can't Argue with a sick mind"
Oh well, really anything by Smoken Joe

Montrose (His first album with Sammy singing) "Bad motorscooter" and "rock candy"

Montrose "Open Fire" pretty eclectic selection of musical styles on this one

Ambrosia's First Album

Dixie Dregs "Night of the Living Dregs" Mix of Rock, Country and Jazz

Greg Allman "Playing up a Storm"

Foghat (Their First Album) Just has a picture of a Rock and a Roll on it.

The GODZ Gotta keep a running.
I talked for a couple hours with one of the original guys. He was telling me a little about the crash. I think they had a station wagon. He was in the car, if I remember right. Had all sorts of permanent injuries including a mangled arm. Wish I had paid a little more attention. People are always tooting their horn, but he was for real. Nice guy.

Frank Zappa-Joes Garage
Judas Priest-Sad Wings of Destiny
Jeff Becks Guitar Shop

Last edited:
I'll add that my previously mentioned "Malice" album contains the track "Christine" which is about, you guessed it, the movie of the same name.

Agree on "Sad Wings..." some are acquired taste but it's interesting to hear the progression from blues to gothic progressive blues to hard rock/ proto metal to full blown commercial metal, and the sometimes back and forth between *** kicking beer drinking in your face full on metal and commercially acceptable sing/song hard rock.

In fact "the rest" of "British Steel" (excluding Living After Midnight" and "Breaking The Law") is damn good and never even considered outside hard core JP circles. The same could be said about MANY of their albums. The 'filler" is better than most other radio bands.

However, taken in context with Halford's now openly known "preference" some songs take on an entirely new mental image.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Yeah, when he came out, suddenly it seemed like a lot of stuff made sense.

...and if you haven't checked out KK Downing's "SteelMill" website, it's worth a serious look.

All sorts of info and discussion.

Dare I say a near equal in the respective subject matter as FxBO?

-
Back