Rock Auto and Canada shipping

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Just wanted to pass on to you that i ordered some items through Rock Auto. Was very happy with the service and pleasently surprised with no extra fees at my door..IE: Brockerage fees. My total bill with shipping was just under $100.00 so im not posssitive if thats why i didnt get dinged/I will definately use them again.:cheers:

i have ordered a bunch of stuff from them and never got dinged.

the reason is that you pay the taxes to the website before it ever leaves so the package is pre-cleared. There is nothing that needs to go through customs because it already did.

$100 for shipping is abit of money, you must have shipped a few heavy parts or they shipped from different locations did they? I have always wanted to buy from rockauto to give them a try but didn't know how long I would wait on parts... how was your wait time

Just wanted to pass on to you that i ordered some items through Rock Auto. Was very happy with the service and pleasently surprised with no extra fees at my door..IE: Brockerage fees. My total bill with shipping was just under $100.00 so im not posssitive if thats why i didnt get dinged/I will definately use them again.:cheers:

How was it shipped...USPS, FedEx,UPS??? USPS/Canada Post usually doesn't charge any duty...sometimes just a token $5. I've had lots of stuff shipped up and they've only charged me duty or taxes twice.

$100 for shipping is abit of money, you must have shipped a few heavy parts or they shipped from different locations did they? I have always wanted to buy from rockauto to give them a try but didn't know how long I would wait on parts... how was your wait time

that was his complete total including shipping

Rock auto uses UPS or fed ex

No........My total bill was under a $100

Good to know Ed, Ive thought about ordering from them too. How did you get it shipped??
I ordered valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets manifold gaskets Brake light switch and cap /rotor and some switches for oil guage and water temp. It was shipped UPS. My wife just signed for it and that was that. Awsome.......Think i saved approx. $45 in all.

I ordered valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets manifold gaskets Brake light switch and cap /rotor and some switches for oil guage and water temp. It was shipped UPS. My wife just signed for it and that was that. Awsome.......Think i saved approx. $45 in all.

You lucked out, don't count on UPS missing those fees all the time.
UPS usually rip you off with their brokerage fees.
I've found USPS to be the best when ordering from south of the boarder but some companies won't ship that way.

Very lucky I would say UPS is the worst for the fees , Canada Post got me the last time I had something come up and it was from a private individual but marked as a sale in the insurance declaration , but that's 1 time out of 25+ so I think I'm ahead on that one eh

ups missed nothing.

there is no need for brokerage fees because the taxes are already paid.

i have ordered about 20 times by now and it either comes ups or fed ex and i have yet to be charged brokerage fees.

ups missed nothing.

there is no need for brokerage fees because the taxes are already paid.

i have ordered about 20 times by now and it either comes ups or fed ex and i have yet to be charged brokerage fees.

Customs brokerage fees are charged separate from taxes.
If you have never been charged brokerage fees by UPS from stuff coming from the US consider yourself lucky.
Sometimes small ticket items will make it through without fees but bigger items most of the time get dinged.

Rockauto rocks.... my frt upper and lower Moog ball joints were over $400.00 getting them at trade price from the local part stores after I provided them with the part numbers. Rockauto shipped from California with Fedex to my door taxes in was $281.42. It took 12 days but this was over the Xmas holidays. Shipping was $47.76

Just got another order............Again...NO feeess. This is great. There also was a sticker on the box..custom cleared. For the disbelievers im telling you no fees again.:supz:

Just got another order............Again...NO feeess. This is great. There also was a sticker on the box..custom cleared. For the disbelievers im telling you no fees again.:supz:

That's great!
Was it shipped USPS, UPS or some other way this time?

I've had stuff shipped UPS last was a console for my truck. No fee's when I got it but about 3 weeks later I got a nice bill in the mail from UPS. They don't always ding you when delivered.

If it's all paid up front however that's awesome.

I ordered rear brake drums for 72 demon the 1 3/4 type hard to find $85.58 for both total weight 27.15 lbs $46.10 shipping no extra fees. I ordered these locally 3 times and they were never right 2 1/2 was what showed up. the person I dealt with tried to have warehouse measure them to make sure of size to no avail so he told me he would split shipping if I had to return them. They were correct and they only had 8 sets left and they are no long being made if anyone needs them.

rechecked bill ship via:ground(FedEx or UPS)(Tax Prepaid)
I was happy with them would not hesitate to order again.

I've had stuff shipped UPS last was a console for my truck. No fee's when I got it but about 3 weeks later I got a nice bill in the mail from UPS. They don't always ding you when delivered.

If it's all paid up front however that's awesome.

This is what the UPS clowns have done to me lately,,,nice fat bill in the mail later. I avoid them at all cost, but I had time off work around Xmas and needed parts fast.
Duty is neither GST or PST.

The point is...UPS/FedEx etc charge all those fees, whether up front or later with a bill. Usually, USPS/Canada Post avoids all those fees completely...sometimes just a $5 "opening fee".

-
Back