RockAuto Problems

-
I buy most of my parts at the locally owned NAPA

Good for you! I have to drive past Advance and O'reillys to get to Napa.
Napa is the place to buy bulbs and fuses,they'll sell you one, if you ask!
They keep 'em in boxes behind the counter.
Also better prices on gear oil, and some other chemicals.
They even discount the extra quarts you need with the "oil change special"
Try that at Advance or AutoZone!

Napa is the overpriced store. Their stuff is just reboxed and marked up. You can buy the cheep stuff at rockauto our you can scroll down the list and buy the quality stuff and it still will be less then most places. You can check most car part store inventories and prices online now so see if the price plus shipping will really be less then driving down to the local store, in my experience it almost always is less at rockauto. Sometimes I don't want to wait but if I'm planning ahead rockauto is great. Somebody mentioned Amazon, that is the only show that seems to beat rockauto online. I got my Edelbrock carb for much less then Summit or Jegs right off Amazon. I have ordered a bunch of RV supplies right off Amazon and had a complaint about something going out of stock after I ordered a big list and there were holding the whole shipment up so they overnighted what was in stock to me. That was a $26 propane tank cover no shipping cost from Florida to Montana overnight Fedex. Had to cost more then $26 to ship it.

Here is a quick comparison I randomly did
Moog K80026 common problem solver ball joint for many HD pickups...
rockauto $34.23 including shipping
Summit $34.97 including shipping
Amazon $28.50 and would be free shipping if you spend $49 but $32.76 including shipping if you just wanted that one thing.
Jegs $36.99 including shipping.
Oreilly is $54.99 at my local store
Autozone doesn't carry Moog but their "duralast" would be $37.99 at the local store
Napa also doesn't carry Moog but their fancy one is $74.99 at my local store.

I have gotten good prices on name brand parts from rock Auto, Moog, Perfect circle, Melling, sealed power, all there to be bought. you dont have to buy crap. Never had a issue with returns, they just let me keep what was incorrect and reship the correct parts. FYI O'Riley will match Rock auto on same part number.

You know what makes me cry? the death of Carquest.

Used to be, I couldn't find a Chinese part in the place. I tried!

Now the CQ boxed stuff at advance is all chinesium trash. I have nowhere left that I trust.

Know where to get a U.S. made heater core for a '93 Dakota?

I have gotten good prices on name brand parts from rock Auto, Moog, Perfect circle, Melling, sealed power, all there to be bought. you dont have to buy crap. Never had a issue with returns, they just let me keep what was incorrect and reship the correct parts. FYI O'Riley will match Rock auto on same part number.

I used to work at O'reilly's part time at night and they wouldn't let us match online prices for Rock Auto because of the added shipping costs that were supposedly included in our price. Most of the time the Rock Auto was below our cost.

if the companies we have grown to trust over the decades source out their parts from China, NOT made in U S anymore, then what is the Carquest etc companies to do. they have to offer us these parts we need, but if no co. makes them here anymore, then what !????

the whole cluster mess makes me just want to sell everything some days!!!!
and do what? be at the mercy of a "modern" car!?

mechanic at my piddly part time summer job rebuilt front end in their Ford 1/2 ton 4 x 4 pickup 2 years ago. it travels down the highway a TOTAL of 12 mi everyday, and around the "landscape" some. other day I dropped by there, he was rebuilding it ALL again, front tires were shot. free replacement O Really parts but he doesn't work for free.

I would hate to rebuild the front end on one of my old cars just to find it to last only HOW many months!? not years! sad world our back stabbing, money hungry, crocked corp. have made for us!? sorry for the rant.

I would hate to rebuild the front end on one of my old cars just to find it to last only HOW many months!? not years! sad world our back stabbing, money hungry, crocked corp. have made for us!? sorry for the rant.

It's true... :sign3:

Are you sure about that? I've called before and they said they wouldn't match discounted prices. Sucked but I ended up ordering from CarID who has actually turned out to be pretty good to deal with.

Yup, I'm sure. I can even print you out a copy of my last order that I did a week or so ago. I called them up and not only did they match it, but beat it too. They had to play with the numbers but over all it was less than Rock Auto.

What they do is build a shopping cart on RockAuto and use the discount as well. Then they play with their numbers on each part to beat RockAuto's price. INCLUDING the shipping!! I'll continue to do that.

There's 3 days left on that discount I posted.

-
Back