Rocker adjusters

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen u can get the adjusters for ball and cup pushrods. Can we get the ball and ball adjusters for our adj rockers? If so where? Any links. Speedmaster has them with their stainless rockers, but not separate. Thanks. Kim

I’ve seen u can get the adjusters for ball and cup pushrods. Can we get the ball and ball adjusters for our adj rockers? If so where? Any links. Speedmaster has them with their stainless rockers, but not separate. Thanks. Kim

If it’s the Speedmaster rocker, you can get ball/ball adjusters from Smith Brothers pushrods, Trend Performance IIRC and a couple of other sources.

EDIT: you may want to call Mike at B3 and see what he sells. I think he sells them.

Thank u YR. My rockers are the old Hughes ones that were made by Probe exclusively for Hughes. 1.6 ratio. They r dam near perfect for geometry. Kim

E4329BD4-F964-42AC-A196-012197D7791C.jpeg

515578FC-17DD-41AA-9C4A-3BAF5797CC12.jpeg

964D95B9-F8EC-4FBE-A200-ABADC9BCF06B.jpeg

34E34DD9-44AD-4611-94EF-96DD347C03D7.jpeg

DA505995-6BDC-4CFC-AAF9-CA28269C30B3.jpeg

Ok, so if you are wanting to convert to ball/ball adjusters, I know Mike at B3 does that, because I asked him. I have some MP W2 rockers that he is going to convert to cup adjusters when I finally get time to work on my R block junker.

Thank u YR. My rockers are the old Hughes ones that were made by Probe exclusively for Hughes. 1.6 ratio. They r dam near perfect for geometry. Kim

Hughes 1.5 worked out great on my Speedmaster heads. The 915 heads my dad put on his 440 has Hughes rockers and same results. There a bit time consuming to set up but they worked out well in both cases.

cup style adjusters
for ball and ball pushrods
take longer pushrods which help the geometry
i recommend hollow and oil through the pushrods as there is no cup to hold oil
and the strongest pushrods that will fit

View attachment 1715541749

View attachment 1715541750

View attachment 1715541751

View attachment 1715541752

View attachment 1715541753

Hey Kim----
Interesting , I have the new style rockers that have the oil trough in the top . Mine were perfect too .

I am wondering about how much easier it would be to use rocker springs on the shafts , like 426 hemi`s did, the only shims would be on the pedestal side to keep the rocker centered , the springs would be way-way easier to bolt the complete rocker assem down , w/o the pushrods installed , than just slide the rocker over ,slip the pushrod in , and adjust the setscrews .
Wish I`d thot about that before I did my victor knock offs heads !! If u try that , let me know how it comes/works out .

I’m gonna try the springs on mine to see how they fit. I’ll need to get some springs though. The mp rockers have been on the motor for 20 years. Kim

Last edited:
-
Back