Rocker Arms

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
Hello All,I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldnt find it in the archive. What are the options for rocker arms for the /. Thanks for all the great help. Dean

you can get roller rockers from pentastar parts in au but i think they are expensive. In my opinion its worth it though.

1.5 is the stock ratio. (although some are closer to 1.4) Higher ratios are available from RAS, Cox Brothers and Pentastar in AU. Unless you are building a full bogey race motor you can get ALOT more bang for your buck from different use of your money.
Frank

Thanks for the help. Im not building a monster just looking to upgrade parts as possible. I have the oversize valves,340 springs,some mild porting I did on the head. So far these wernt very expensive. Wasnt sure if another motor would have doner parts. Thanks again.

There are no other rockers that will work on a Slant.

The best bang for the buck is a set of RAS rebuilts. Last set I got was $85 and they did not want the cores back.

Slantzilla I heard you have a killer /6? I dont remember where I read that but could you give us some details if you dont mind sir. I think modified slant 6s are just sick.

Mine is just a run of the mill motor. Nothing fancy.

2.2 turbo pistons/7" 198 rods
Car Quest reground steel crank and bearing kit
Head ported by Mike Jeffrey
Clifford .558/300* cam bought used from Mike Jeffrey
Clifford intake bought used off the Internet
Clifford headers I bought for my Duster that wouldn't fit it
1970 198 block
Mike Jeffrey windage tray
Kevin Johnson crank scraper off E-bag
390 or 600 Holley (whichever I feel like)
RAS rebuilt rocker arms installed as bought, no welding
10 Smith Brothers 5/16" pushrods, 2 stock. (I've killed 2 SB rods testing roller rockers)
Top Gun nitrous system

In my '66 Valiant it has gone 12.00@108 in full street trim, on a 150 shot.
Car weighs 3240# w/me in it.

All I have to say is damn....lol thats a fast slant 6. Pretty neat How streetable is it? Or is it strictly a drag car.

It was a daily driver until I was running 12:50's or so.

I believe that it would not be too hard to have a very streetable nitrous Slant that would run high 12's all day long on the sauce and never hurt anything. You start spraying over a 150 shot and things can go bad in a hurry.

Realistically though, if you have the $$$ for EFI/engine management system, turbo would be the way to go. Not cheap, but you could easily have a 10 second street car.

Cool damn....I never should have never gotten rid of my slant six. I got a 318 now but am thinking on going back to the six so I dont have to deal with a front end conversion.

I got a 318 now but am thinking on going back to the six so I dont have to deal with a front end conversion.

Now THAT'S something you don't hear every day... :)

Don't worry - most folks will convice you that the 318 will take minimum work to install, provide better power and practically equal mileage. Just remember that there is a small but faithful (and knowledgable) contingent of slanters who can help you try and meet your goals with the little, unappreciated six. It just takes more time and effort. Best of luck either way!

Thanks yeah I pulled a 318 out of a Chrysler new yorker?? I think and now seeing all these neat engine pieces and parts coming out for sixes makes my jaw drop. I mean I see v8s all the time being at plenty of car shows and races but for some reason now when I see those neat alum intakes for sixes the cams headers and all the goodies it gets me more excited than seeing a 360 with 600 hp. Id rather see a nicely engineered 6 cylinder then a crazy fast v8. Dunno its pretty crazy. Is it possible to build a 320 hp slant 6? and it be pretty drivable?

Thanks yeah I pulled a 318 out of a Chrysler new yorker?? I think and now seeing all these neat engine pieces and parts coming out for sixes makes my jaw drop. I mean I see v8s all the time being at plenty of car shows and races but for some reason now when I see those neat alum intakes for sixes the cams headers and all the goodies it gets me more excited than seeing a 360 with 600 hp. Id rather see a nicely engineered 6 cylinder then a crazy fast v8. Dunno its pretty crazy.

Uh-oh, sounds like someone else's been bitten by the slant bug... :)

Welcome to MY world! Careful, it's still a pretty lonely place, and I don't know if it's possible to go back to being "normal" again...

-
Back