rocker moulding .

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
this has probably been disused many times but how do you get the rocker mouldings off a 73 duster without bending them up is there a special tool? thanks

Aaron .

Should be able to get the bolts on the backside of the rocker under the car. They maybe hidden behind some body plugs.

Last edited:
they are held on with plastic clips there has to be a way to release them

In that case you need to push down on the top of the molding and at the same pull the bottom away from the car or just the opposite push up on the bottom and pull the top. Depending on how the clip was installed...example would be if they have been replaced before and someone installed them upside down.

If my memory serves, the keyhole in the plastic clip is left to right. Its been a lot of years so I don't recall exactly. I removed the 2 screws and shoved the molding forward and back, moving some clips one way or the other to release them from the welded stud.
I pried the molding off some of the clips from the bottom, and broke a few clips too. After a few clips were conquered, The molding would bow outward a little without damage. I did successfully transplant those molding to a car that didn't have, using screws in the remaining unbroken clips.

If my memory serves, the keyhole in the plastic clip is left to right. Its been a lot of years so I don't recall exactly. I removed the 2 screws and shoved the molding forward and back, moving some clips one way or the other to release them from the welded stud.
I pried the molding off some of the clips from the bottom, and broke a few clips too. After a few clips were conquered, The molding would bow outward a little without damage. I did successfully transplant those molding to a car that didn't have, using screws in the remaining unbroken clips.

This was going to be my next suggestion if pushing down and pulling out was not successful. It’s crazy at how something so simple can drive you mad. Especially when you’re trying not to scratch paint!!! Unless you’ve installed the clips ...ya never know what the last person used to “Make it work!!!”

Let us know who you made out with the removal.

-
Back