Rocker Panel Chrome Molding

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I was wondering if you guys would think my 1972 Duster would look correct with a set of Chrome Rocker Panel Molding, I know its a question of likes but just wanted your opinion what you guys thought.

Mine is the 1972 Blue Duster the and Green one is a few pictures I found here on the Web.

So what's your opinion.

Yes - No - Maybe...

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 278
  • IMAG0062.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 272
  • $_57.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 311
  • $_571.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 317
I think it would look good.I have a blk 70 duster that came with the rocker moldings.I bought
new set to put on it but you cant find the clips.Let me know if you put yours on and where to get clips.

I think it would look good but you may need to get wheel moulding also.

I think it would look good. My 72 came with rocker moldings and no wheel well moldings. The clips are very hard to find, but I found a replacement set on ebay. However I paid $160. US dollars for 18 of them, but my car had the molding from the factory and I wanted to put it back and price wasn't an issue to me.

https://www.jimsautoparts.com/molding_clips.htm

CHROME ROCKER MOLDING PLASTIC CLIP KITS

These are the plastic clips that hold the chrome rocker molding to the rocker panel. 1 kit does both rocker moldings.

RP-CK702AW

70-72 DUSTER/DEMON & 70-71 DART (2 Dr HT)
(these are for the cars that have approx 2" wide moldings)

$ 159.95
These are the ones that I bought and from the same company. The clips work perfectly with the molding. However the clips do not look anything like the factory clips. Good thing is you don't see them once installed.

Looks kind of out of place without the wheel mouldings to me, and personally I like your car without any of it.

Attachments

• duster.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 258
Not the best pictures of my car, and I have wheel opening moldings also...just been too lazy to put them back on.

Couple of small pics in my signature below also.

Paul

Attachments

• passfront.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 242
  • driverrear.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 258
rt specilities does'nt carry the ones for a duster.I have been looking for months.

rt specilities does'nt carry the ones for a duster.I have been looking for months.
I may be mistaken but I thought all A Bodies shared the same rocker clips.
This is the kit a picked up.
Cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 208
There are two differant moldings a 1 inch and a 2 inch. Clips for the one inch are being repoped but the two inch aren't. The two inch are very difficult to find and very expensive when you do find them.

ahh, okay, the pictures threw me off. I missed that he was looking for the two inch molding.

Maybe before getting my mind set on the molding I should have checked the clips issue first, meaning hard to find em....

I will still look any ways
thanks guys

I have a pair of the original rocker trim pieces that I intended to put on my car. The more I think about it the less inclined I am to use them. My car came as a stripped down model and I have decided to keep it that way. I like the look of the trim on cars that have more options. I understand that the trim has a tendency to trap debris behind which can cause troubles with rust.

I I understand that the trim has a tendency to trap debris behind which can cause troubles with rust.
That could be an issue if your car is a daily driver, but I'm lucky if I get my car out once a week. I never take it out if it is raining or there is a threat of rain.

-
Back