Rocker Panel End Cap

-

CudaTime49

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of innner and outer rocker panel installs. I'm replacing mine on my 68 F Bcuda. Someone else removed the original rockers so I dont have any reference pics for the install of the new rockers. Alos interested in the placement of the end caps....again I don't have any reference pics of the originals, so any of your pics would be really helpful.

Thank you, gentlemen.

I just replaced that someone else had done a poor job of replacing before. I didnt change the inners, just the outers.
The end caps simply cap off the end, just seat it flush and you should be good to go. You can use the splash shield holes to help verify the end cap is where its supposed to be before welding it.
The critical part is the area that the fender edge an door edge line up with. There is a triangular notch on the bottom of the inner and outer rockers that you need to make sure line up. They dont always line up completely but should be at least 50% lined up if that makes sense. I looked at many original ones and rarely are they perfectly lined up.

Last edited:
I just replaced that someone else had done a poor job of replacing before. I didnt change the inners, just the outers.
The end caps simply cap off the end, just seat it flush and you should be good to go. You can use the splash shield holes to help verify the end cap is where its supposed to be before welding it.
The critical part is the area that the fender edge an door edge line up with. There is a triangular notch on the bottom of the inner and outer rockers that you need to make sure line up. They dont always line up completely but should be at least 50% lined up if that makes sense. I looked at many original ones and rarely are they perfectly lined up.
Thank you. Very helpful info.

-
Back