Rocker Shaft Hold Downs What Ones?

-

340six

Reaction score
I have some Comp Cams 1.5 Ratio new in box but need new hold downs.
What brand type? Bolts or Studs?
Also does any company sell Cam Thrust Plate Bolts with or with out the hole drilled.

Rock Auto, but like so many things right now, it's currently out of stock.
More Information for ENGINETECH HK108 (rockauto.com)
Might be able to use the part number to source the kit elsewhere, though.
Sorry I should have said "Better Than Stock" I have some from an old 340 here.
But hate to use them.
422" stoker 10.88 to 1, Eagle Crank & H Beam Rods, Diamond Custom Pistons, Custom Ground Solid Cam, Ported Edelbrock Heads, Comp Cams 1.5 Roller Rockers.
All ARP, would just get studs but they just show Studs no Hold Downs.
Hughes shows out so does Mancini on the Hughes.

Rocker Shaft Hold Downs
So asking what Brand Type? Thanks

But hate to use them.
422" stoker 10.88 to 1, Eagle Crank & H Beam Rods, Diamond Custom Pistons, Custom Ground Solid Cam, Ported Edelbrock Heads, Comp Cams 1.5 Roller Rockers.

Rocker Shaft Hold Downs
Or something from Summit.

But hate to use them.

Rocker Shaft Hold Downs
The kit I linked is for the cam plate bolts and associated hardware, not the shaft hold downs.
This:
Enginetech Catalog

I like how the aluminum ones caress the shafts and I have room to etch the position on the tops of them. I usually keep a spare set handy
image.jpg
image.jpg

I like how the aluminum ones caress the shafts and I have room to etch the position on the tops of them. I usually keep a spare set handyView attachment 1715982986View attachment 1715982987
My last set of Mopar were junk.
And both Comp Cams and Engle said don't use stock
Mancini is out of Hughes.
Harland Sharp is in stock at Summit and may or may not come with bolts. But was going Studs Description states steel but later on says aluminium. So wonder what they are.

The Hughes kit is good. Did you try ordering direct from Hughes Engines?

My stock hold downs with grade 5 or 8 hardware store bolts have been happy going to 7000 , solid lifter cam, .550"lift
20220812_130351.jpg
20220812_130351.jpg
20220812_130351.jpg

I run the stock hold downs on both my 408 & 416 strokers with no problems. I did upgrade to grade 8 bolts because they both see 6,000+ RPMs.

Harland Sharp is in stock at Summit and may or may not come with bolts. But was going Studs Description states steel but later on says aluminium. So wonder what they are.

The HS BB hold downs I bought recently are steel. But I did see that "aluminum" description as well. Bolts were not included. I bought Gr 8s after measuring for bolt thread engagement I wanted. Stout parts IMO.
upload_2022-9-9_13-2-20.png

BTW, while checking different sources I also saw some complaints for some of the SB purchases indicating they were sent hold downs for 3/8" bolts. HS might be just a phone call away.

The Hughes kit is good. Did you try ordering direct from Hughes Engines?
That is what I did. As others were out of stock.
And made an order with Summit for a slew of ARP items. And proberly things o could have done without.
Darn wish list.

-
Back