rocker shafts installed backwards... long read. but pics!

-
Oil holes "Down and Out" is how I remember.

1714585910412.png

Did you check to see if the lifters are the AMC type? The kind of lifter that would oil through the pushrod?
He'd need pushrods made for oiling too, and I'm pretty sure you'd need modified rockers for that to work too else you'd only be oiling the top of the pushrod against the cup in the rocker. The concern about the oil holes in the shafts is about oil between the rocker and the shaft.

He'd need pushrods made for oiling too, and I'm pretty sure you'd need modified rockers for that to work too else you'd only be oiling the top of the pushrod against the cup in the rocker. The concern about the oil holes in the shafts is about oil between the rocker and the shaft.
He said in post #4 that the engine has hollow push rods. I'd say his shafts and rockers are just fine because they were oiling thru the push rods. It will obviously have the AMC style lifters. It's been decades since Mopar and AMC lifters were different. They all have the hole in the plunger now.

"The concern about the oil holes in the shafts is about oil between the rocker and the shaft."

Ya gotta look at them too. My aftermarket shafts, came with the rockers, the notch is up, oil holes down. Just saying that you can't just assume notch is down and good to go.

-
Back