roll back odometer?

-
I experimented on a dash which was junk, thought it would be nice to see if possible to start at 00000. . i messed it totally up and plastic stuff broke.
It must take some careful finesse to get those units apart.

"If some one asked if it was OK to wipe their *** sideways , There would be somewhere that it would be illegal."

Pretty sure that is illegal in most of CA.

yea dont mess with them! just use a drill and spin it

My NJ title for my B body said inaccurate odometer and didn't show any miles. When I restored the dash cluster, I just the reset it to 00,000 so I could easily track the mileage I put on it (since it was not a running car when I bought it and the previous owner just changed the engine out and I totally rebuilt everything on the car including engine, trans and rear).

Funny thing was, one of the first car shows I went to was all Mopar at a Chrysler dealer and they had an award for lowest mileage. My odometer showed 00,123 miles and I lost to a new Challenger with 5,000 miles on it. Wuwt? They said lowest mileage, not lowest amount of miles!

Just turn it back. If any one says anything tell them it just turned over for the 4th time.

I swear some of you guys must work for the feds. If some one asked if it was OK to wipe their *** sideways , There would be somewhere that it would be illegal.

The worst thing about this site is the its against the law cry babies. Who cares Just give him a reason why he should. Not all the BS why he can't.

Did you all know it is against the law to alter your car in any way without the corresponding info on your registration. Now what the hell are you law biding Numbers correct guys gonna do.

We're on the same page on this one. I sold cars here in Fl. for a buy here pay here and I've become pretty knowledgeable with DMV paper work. If it's older than 10 years or over 100,000 miles I'm not required to put anything on the tittle! Simply check the "Mileage exempt" box. Your car, do what the hell you want. How many of you have replaced clusters in your old Mopars? How many reset the odometer to the old one?

As long you don't to sell it as low mileage car shouldn't be a problem

I turned mine back for the reason you stated. Mileage was about 50,000 in 1993 when I bought the car. Had no clue how many miles was on the car, EVERYTHING REPLACED, so what does the mileage mean? Nothing, it was exempt already also, so that means it may or may not be correct.

Do it, don't try and sell it as low mile original and no one will care.

On the mileage note, seen an Aspen tonight, maybe a 1980 with 04,4** miles showing, ask the guy the miles, he said 4,4** miles. The car looked NEW inside, original paint, beautiful car. But he didn't know why it was such a low mile car. I like to find out the stories behind the car.

Just turn it back. If any one says anything tell them it just turned over for the 4th time.

I swear some of you guys must work for the feds. If some one asked if it was OK to wipe their *** sideways , There would be somewhere that it would be illegal.

The worst thing about this site is the its against the law cry babies. Who cares Just give him a reason why he should. Not all the BS why he can't.

Did you all know it is against the law to alter your car in any way without the corresponding info on your registration. Now what the hell are you law biding Numbers correct guys gonna do.

Well Put Oldman!!!:burnout:

FWIW, any suspension or steering modifications that deviate from factory stock(even air shocks) are illegal in a lot of states too. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I even took a hit by Colorado State Trooper for cranking my torsion bars down to lower the front end. He showed me the law in black and white and pointed to the phrase that said "Any Alteration".
So, in a nutshell, do whatever you want.

FWIW, any suspension or steering modifications that deviate from factory stock(even air shocks) are illegal in a lot of states too. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I even took a hit by Colorado State Trooper for cranking my torsion bars down to lower the front end. He showed me the law in black and white and pointed to the phrase that said "Any Alteration".
So, in a nutshell, do whatever you want.

lol right! its what ever they want to get you on!

yeah..back in 1973..i got a ticket in Denver for side exhaust pipes on my AARCuda....had to go tell the judge they were stock...the cop would not listen....

I've worked on equipment for so long, don't think twice bout odometers anymore. All maintenance is done by hours. I like them cause they don't care bout highway, city, idle or anything, just running hours. Can't beat it from a maintenance perspective.

Yep, do what he says. To hell with everyone else.
Forget the fact that this is social media and people are watching.
Screw all of the laws where you live, and do what you want.
Be a hedonist.
There is nothing against the law unless you are caught.
Screw authority and the world.
Laws are for suckers.
Speed where you want, do a burn out when and where you want, hell wipe your *** with a 9/16'' wrench if you want. Dump your used oil down the drain, drink and drive while texting, swap serial numbers off of a Camaro onto your car, nobody cares.
Sounds good to me.

Enough of the sarcasm, he is mostly right, but a lot of us have to respond with a law abiding answer to cover our asses. :D
So don't bother altering your speedometer.
JMHO.
Tom.

I'm building up a 70 duster origanl / to v8 swap the od I'm sure has rolled over a time or 2 and the od reading on the title is exempt. I was wondering if its a bad idea to roll it back for a fresh start to make it a little easyer for future servicing (plugs wires oil changes etc). Bad idea?

some things are just better not asking about. if you are asking then you already know there may be something wrong with it. if you are gonna do it your gonna do it just don't broadcast all over the internet you are doing it..

some things are just better not asking about. if you are asking then you already know there may be something wrong with it. if you are gonna do it your gonna do it just don't broadcast all over the internet you are doing it..

You are absolutely right Joe.
Kinda what i was inferring to in my sarcastic post! :thumblef:

Fraud is a process of misrepresentation. If your title states OD exempt and or inaccurate and you do not make false written or verbal claims of the mileage on the vehicle then having 00123.4 is not fraud. My take on it.

-
Back