Roll Bar angle

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
Does an 8pt roll bars main hoop need to be on a certain angle of recline or decline? I want to install mine next weekend but S&W didn't say anything about any certain angle for the main hoop. I was planning on alligning it just behing the door jam within 6in of me when seated etc. I noticed at a few car shows that some have a noticeable recline of the main hoop while others are straight up and down 90 degrees to the floor. I can't find a good trustworthy source online so if anyone knows a good site please let me know. ThanX,
Adam

No the main hoop has no specific angle requirement but the sidebars must pass midway between your shoulder and your elbow when sitting and you arms at your sides. It is all outlined in the IHRA/NHRA rulebooks.

I would get the rule books of the two bodies and read them to be sure of a correct placement.If you go by the NHRA book it is more stricked than the IHRA,Mrmopartech

I feel stupid now. I didn't know I could get NHRA rules online, thought I had to send away for a book. Thanks for getting me on track, hope to get this installed.

-
Back