roll cage ideas

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
Thinking about putting some sort of roll cage in my 72 dart for added rigidity but want to keep the back seat accessible to take the baby for rides, any ideas and pics would be great.

I used a art morrison kit. Fit good and retains back seat. Pic dosn't show it but rear bars follow roof and rear window and go through rear package tray in to trunk.

Attachments

• DSCN0416.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 307
I know that on the 73-74 dart 4 doors the back seats have the corners rounded in for some reason so alot of people use the 4 door back seats in there 2 door cars to allow the roll cage to go past the seats to the floor

Lol, no. Unless you move the main hoop behind the door jamb, then check and measure for crossbar close enough to rear of seat, per NHRA. It is a pain.I did it, (no back seat, but can get in there; even with swing-outs, my old butt cusses trying to get in driver seat.
Just add sub-frame connectors.

I haven't put sub frame connectors in yet but I will, I just have the car so far torn apart I figured now would be a good time to put in a cage, if I can't then no big deal.

2 door, by the time you get the cage in, it invovles leaning the front seat forward, and crawling under the mainhoop, with crossbar... If you jusr want rigidity, subframes. The bars suck. Unless you need them.

I have a art morrison cage in my cuda and savoy. For the Savoy I ordered the bars to go through the package tray. Its still a pain in the *** to get back there with the cross bar but there is a seat..

i have a 70 duster 340 full interior street car that a i have to put a 8 point in and i too want to keep the back seat in i want the tubes to go thru package tray not back seat, but my other concern is the side bars hitting the door panels and arm rest ?

i have a 70 duster 340 full interior street car that a i have to put a 8 point in and i too want to keep the back seat in i want the tubes to go thru package tray not back seat, but my other concern is the side bars hitting the door panels and arm rest ?

Art morrison! Both my cars have full working arm rests and accessible handles.

-
Back