Roll your own package tray

-

IdahoCarson

Reaction score
My package tray was disintegrating. This pressboard from Home Depot rough side out looks close enough for the girls I go with.

IMG_0721.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

IMG_0722.jpeg

That's what I did on my Dart for the package tray and rear divider behind the back seat and also the spare tire cover.

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 5.39.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 5.40.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 5.39.47 PM.png

For those of us who are too stupid to figure out what you did, can you enlighten us?

For those of us who are too stupid to figure out what you did, can you enlighten us?
I traced out my existing package tray on the smooth side of the pressboard. Cut it out oversized because the original’s edges were curled in. Test fit and trimmed as needed with a cordless jigsaw. When I was happy with the fit I spray painted the whole thing flat black. The rough side is pretty close to the texture of the original.

If your package tray is missing I would suggest you make a cardboard template to your liking and trace off it.

I traced out my existing package tray on the smooth side of the pressboard. Cut it out oversized because the original’s edges were curled in. Test fit and trimmed as needed with a cordless jigsaw. When I was happy with the fit I spray painted the whole thing flat black. The rough side is pretty close to the texture of the original.

If your package tray is missing I would suggest you make a cardboard template to your liking and trace off it.
Mine is missing, but we made one from red carpet. It matches pretty good, but it's faded some now. I got a reproduction one, but it did not fit AT ALL. Thanks. I may look into this.

Mine is missing, but we made one from red carpet. It matches pretty good, but it's faded some now. I got a reproduction one, but it did not fit AT ALL. Thanks. I may look into this.
This stuff is only 13 bucks a 4x8 sheet so it’s fairly cheap to experiment with.

I just finished doing the exact same thing last month. Looks good. I think I should of spray dyed or sealed the package tray because it keeps fading.

-
Back