Roller lifter position sensitive ?

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
Quick question before I pull my lifters out... Do solid rollers care which lobe the were on ? Or which bore they were in ? If so I will store them accordingly untill reassembly .
In the past I just pulled and tossed in a box but I thought I would ask .

safest thing to do is keep them sorted, whether is make a difference, Don't know. But what can it hurt to sort them.

The words solid roller make that a yes, or at least they do in my book. Everything establishes a wear pattern, and the odds of needing to keep those wear patterns cohesive to one another is going to be higher with solid roller cam valve spring pressures opposed to say a factory LA hydraulic roller cam, which has soft enough valve spring pressures to use with a hydraulic flat tappet camshaft. You may get by without doing it, but I would eliminate as much risk as possible when dealing with solid roller lifters.

Last edited:
I even put pusrods back in the same hole.

The wheel on some r/lifters have a crown. They are not flat. The idea is that the high spot in the centre of the wheel flattens out under spring load to give uniform loading across the width of the lobe.

So a good idea to keep them lifters/lobes together.

You all are suprising me.

You can use "used" roller lifters on a new cam, but you all say you cant mix them up.

You can switch them around on any lobe you want. Fact.
Nothing about wheel faces, forget that crap.
I've done it to know.

You all are suprising me.

You can use "used" roller lifters on a new cam, but you all say you cant mix them up.

You can switch them around on any lobe you want. Fact.
Nothing about wheel faces, forget that crap.
I've done it to know.

I have never marked them in the past but was curious to find out if there was something that never occured to me...

I have never marked them in the past but was curious to find out if there was something that never occured to me...
And after asking I bet you were surprised of the answers and from whom.
No big deal. You can go on to concerning about more important things

Crowned roller wheels:

From Crower catalog:' Featues.......crowned outer race that greatly reduces lobe tracking.'

2005 Isky catalog: 0.755" diam wheel parabolic profile crowned.

Crowned roller wheels:

From Crower catalog:' Featues.......crowned outer race that greatly reduces lobe tracking.'

2005 Isky catalog: 0.755" diam wheel parabolic profile crowned.

See ... there is that obscure tidbit of info ! Lol

I am running Crower Super Duty Hippo lifters .

-
Back