Roller Rocker question

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
Do all shaft mounted roller rockers have roller tip and adjuster end oiling?

I had heard that the oiling at the adjuster end is more important than oiling at the roller tip end. Is that true?
why?

And do stud mounted rockers also have oiling at both ends?

thanks

The rule of thumb is to have about one thread of the adjuster showing on the underside. That's the recommended setting for optimum lift and correct position of the pushrod cup to get "squirted". Much more or much less thread (hitting the rocker) showing, you'll need longer or shorter pushrods, respectively.

Do all shaft mounted roller rockers have roller tip and adjuster end oiling?
No on the adjuster end. Yes on the roller tip end. Comp cams pro magnum roller rockers and PRW are two such roller rockers that have LA pushrod and shaft oiling abilities.

I had heard that the oiling at the adjuster end is more important than oiling at the roller tip end. Is that true?
why?
IDK about saying more important than another since I beileve both should get what they need. A lack of oil at the pushrod end will burn the pushrod ends. This heat cycle on and off will make the metal brittle and break off. On the rocker top end, a lack of oil will just wear thing out. The valve tip gets hammered and becomes a mother F’er to remove. The rocker can’t be all that good ether!

Which evil do you want to live with? I say nether and oil them up! LOL

And do stud mounted rockers also have oiling at both ends?
I don’t know this one. On the Magnum engines I can say yes. Since there oiling is pushrod feed.

All rockers have to some how oil there tips. This is a built in item addressed by the makers.

-
Back