Roller rockers

-

mopar head

Reaction score
I have the hughes roller rockers, and they`re ticking a little nothing horrendous.
Is it normal to get a little tick out of rollers? With .080 preload it would seem they would be pretty quiet? I have their rockers on my 340 also, same deal.
What`s your guys experience?

I have the hughes roller rockers, and they`re ticking a little nothing horrendous.
Is it normal to get a little tick out of rollers? With .080 preload it would seem they would be pretty quiet? I have their rockers on my 340 also, same deal.

T&D rockers do not tick.

did you get new shafts with them? did you banana the oil holes? did you install with the oil holes down and towards the headers? do the have springs between them or shims? are you using the stock shaft hold downs or hughes?

did you get new shafts with them? did you banana the oil holes? did you install with the oil holes down and towards the headers? do the have springs between them or shims? are you using the stock shaft hold downs or hughes?
Yes, all new grooved shafts faced down, with their hold down kit with spacers, which if anybody bought finds out that they do not work and you will need different caps and spacers to work with TF heads.

Yes, all new grooved shafts faced down, with their hold down kit with spacers, which if anybody bought finds out that they do not work and you will need different caps and spacers to work with TF heads.

I've got the Hughes rockers for my stroker with Trick Flows and you are correct, they don't work with their standard spacers and hold downs. A quick phone call and they sent me the proper parts though. As far as the ticking, my Moore's not running yet, so I can't comment on that.

ANY roller rocker is prone to make "more noise" than the stock paddle rockers.

I've got the Hughes rockers for my stroker with Trick Flows and you are correct, they don't work with their standard spacers and hold downs. A quick phone call and they sent me the proper parts though. As far as the ticking, my Moore's not running yet, so I can't comment on that.
Was funny, I called him and told of the problem, he said he had 1 in the shop with TFs and I said you sure that isn`t a chevy engine, LOL he got all gruffy , said ain`t no chevys in my shop! he later confirmed I was right and sold me the extra stuff needed. I think I got the spacers from elsewhere. Any hughes lifter buyer should inform him of TF heads and he should? supply the right stuff as a kit. I have all those extra spacers and a few caps, useless

ANY roller rocker is prone to make "more noise" than the stock paddle rockers.
Good to hear, I didn't and still don`t think their that bad, but my buddy does, and he has a good ear for engine sounds, When I first got my 340 built, he said he hears something in the lower end, I couldn't hear anything. Week later it spun a rod bearing:(So I tend to trust his ears, better than mine. I don`t think he`s ever run rollers in his stuff.
thanks

Very good set of rocker arms. Have never had any issues with those.

While I'm saving for rockers .I'm waiting for Rocker arm service to make some B and RB rocker arms again.The employees brought it back

I have Crane Golds and they sound like a sewing machine. I am told it is normal.

Beware....I had a set of these and they broke adjusters like nobodys business. My Harland Sharps hold lash and are almost maintenance free.

Well, I recently got this thing fired back up with the inner springs installed, the ticking is allot louder, this concerns me. ???
Are you sure it's not your lifters that are not pumping up? Take one valve cover off and check your lifters.

-
Back