Roller rockers

-

pushrod

70dart 340
Reaction score
I have my 512 stroker installed and should be cranking it this weekend. When I removed the valve covers the rocker rollers are not all centered on the valve stem. My machinist says that it is okay but i am not so sure. Any opinions or experience would be appreciated. Thanks

Doesn't sound right, a picture would be helpful. Can ya do that?

I don,t have any pictures. He clearenced for the .600 roller camand there is no bind on the pushrods or rockers, but the pushrods are not center line in the hole.

I'd just worry about that tips. The pushrods in the holes of the head just need to clear.

Affirmitive. It appears if the roller were centered then the pushrod would be centered> the p/r appears to be off center in relationship to the roller being off. Do I need to remove the shafts and use spacers to get centered? Some of the rollers are only contacting 50% or less.

50% or less, I would not be good with that. I would be looking into off set rockers.

Thanks Rumblefish. I will have to pull the shafts and see if we can move the spacers. It appears that would be better center the roller. Is that a viable solution?

Different width spacers? Yes, they can be purchased. If you go that route, just check the push rod clearance.... of course.

Off set rockers is what I was thinking. There out there with different amounts of off set.

The new rockers will cost more but require less machining that may be possible on the head from the thinner/thicker spacers. It's a possible catch 22.

Thanks Rumblefish. It appears the spacers may be on the wrong side of the arm. Is that possble?

-
Back