Ron Francis wiring

-
Do these harnesses come with the light sockets? All my sockets are 40 year sold and brittle....

Riddler

Only reproduction harnesses will have the light sockets. We do supply headlights sockets, offer many dash light sockets but not taillights. WE have several replacements sockets but no the originals. I suggest you get a catalog and review what we have. The photography is excellent so you can see minor details in parts. We refined the catalog so you can see everything and put that same effort into the wires themselves.

I have a small issue with my harness, car is 74 swinger and harness is xp777. Neutral safety switch, should there be only one wire or three. One goes from relay->NSS(center of course),then there is mention about GM style two gang switch, or if you use another type of NSS, connect purple wire to panel numb 3, blue goes panel numb 4 , another ends goes to NSS, it doesn't matter which connectors, so, outer connectors is back up lights, and center is ground, should there be three grounds or what?. Thanks....

EVERY Ron Francis harness comes with a serial number on the fuse box so you can call us with that number and get a quick reply / answer to your questions. There is no need to search the web for solutions nor do you need to re-engineer our products. Simply call us with the problem and you will get the information you need. Since there are several ways to wire these systems, please call 800-292-1940 for help ASAP.

Sorry OP for the hijack..

I am also in the market for a kit, looking at the ron francis, and american autowire...

I plan to run a EFI fuel pump, and electric fan. I know the american autowire has a spare fuse/realy for pump/fan

Any of you guys with the ron francis set up running these, can you easily adapt the fuse block or any of the "accesory" spots for this purpose? I dont need all the power window/locks whatever the kit comes with...

Also, for those that have done the kits, does it lay out clearly how to wire the ALT? I have heard most of these "kits" are meant for a 1 wire Chevy ALT, not a mopar style ext regulated one?

Thanks

JOE

Ron Francis Harnesses have spare fuses for items but we also have a fuse marked "FUEL PUMP" so you really know what it is for. After 40 years of producing harnesses we know what you need and supply it. Our kits do not have to be "adapted" They work from the beginning. As far as power windows, we supply a fuse marked for them.. There is no wiring or "all the power window/locks whatever the kit comes with..."

Most power window motor manufacturers supply all the wires. You only need a fuse to connect it to which we supply.

Ron Francis is the only supplier that actually gives you the proper connector for the alternator (and regulator) if needed. If you buy our kit from a dealer it will be set up for the One wire alternator which nearly everyone uses to get the power for additional accessories. If you order from us, we need to know the engine, alternator, distributor, steering column and a few others so we can supply the correct parts. This is all listed on our order form. We have been doing it this way for 40 years and thus you hear a lot of good things about us.

We also supply the proper wiring for the different Mopar starter solenoids which can be difficult. Like I have said, "no re-engineering" to make our kits work. Just follow the simple couple COLOR pages of instructions and after about a weekend, it is working. Don't forget we have that serial number on EVERY panel so we can identify what you have. No one else needs a serial number since they only make universal stuff. We need to known what was in that product when it left our shop.

Get our catalog and look at the products. The clear crisp photos will show you we make great products.
Hope this helps,
Ron

I've used RF kits several times and never had problems in any way, and after reading all this I ordered a "Bare Bonz" kit for my Dart today.

I've had a RF wiring system on my 64 Signet 25 years without a problem..

I will probably be calling soon because I want to move the fuse box to a different location and will need and 6 foot extension of the RF wiring... I hope I will have good luck with explaining this to RF

Joe,
I'm Ron Franics and we are the only company that asks you about your car before you buy the wiring. We need to know what car, engine, alternator, distributor and steering column before we make the kit. That way they will actually be made for what you tell us. If you want a a mopar alternator, we'll wire it for whatever you need. We are the only ones that upgrade to the larger wires as you exceed the limits of the standard 12 and 10 gauge wires originally used on stock mopars. Our EXPRES which I believe you all are talking about has a cooling fan relay on the fuse panel. Since I answer all emails you will be corresponding with me.

The EXPRESS system has a fuse marked for electric fuel pump along with all the other popular options. Take a close look at our fuse box (top portion) and compare it to the others. You get what you pay for.

You can reach me at [email protected] with quick replies.
Ron
Hi
I just ordered a retro 33 kit for my Dodge dart and I would like to replace the rear sockets and side marker light with new sockets any recommendations

-
Back