Rons 1974 Duster Project

-

RonF

Reaction score
Bought this Duster for $900 from a guy in New Hampshire. He had it in his barn. He was in the process of restoring it with his son and his son lost interest! They had put new floor boards in it already and a new windshield. It has the 225 in it and ran when I got it. I pulled the motor and put new rings and gaskets in it. After much sanding, I primed and painted it. Put a new headliner and carpet in it along with seat covers for the front seat. I have the motor back in it but am working on the wiring now. It's getting cold in Mass now and have kind of paused until Spring. Here are some pictures of my progress. The first photo is how it looked when I bought it.

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 603
  • car2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 590
  • car3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 576
  • car4.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 558
  • car5.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 563
  • car8.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 550
  • car7.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 545
  • car6.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 565
  • car9.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 523
looks like good job!! and ya didn't have to pay a bodyshop $$$$$$?????? and wait 4 years to get it back!??????????????????
and you have a lot of satisfaction!!!!! keep us posted!!!

Thanks guys! FYI the other car in the first picture is my 1955 Hudson Hornet. I also have a 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan Deluxe and a 1973 Mercury Capri. My wife says if I buy another car she is gonna kill me! :)

Hey Ron...great job on that ride. Get some heat in that garage and keep things rolling. lol.

Looks great man! I have been working on my 74 Duster for years and you passed me already...

Hey all: Here are some more pics of my Duster, Before and after on the headliner. The front seat was ripped so I ordered a vinyl seat cover for the front seat. The last pic is the Duster with motor back in (next to my 39). I also replaced brakes and brake lines all around and new rubber on doors and trunk. The total invested so far is about four grand. This does not include my many hours of labor! But actually I consider it therapy!

Attachments

• card.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 439
  • carc.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 449
  • carb.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 431
  • cara.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 449
Nice job. Where did you get your headliner. Is it original style or plastic? Looking at options for mine that has some water damage.

got the headliner on ebay. its a cloth covered plastic. looks great. was about $300

well all.. hope you had a great xmas! I know my daughter Joslyn did! I gave her the 74 Duster for Christmas! I will now be finishing it for her. :)

Attachments

• jos.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 283
Wow, great job on the car, and Merry Christmas Joslyn!! I'd be smiling too if my Dad gave me such a meaningful present!! Kudos Dad, for bringing em up right!! Geof

Spring is finally here!! warm enough in New England to start working on the Duster again! Got the engine back in and running... took the gas tank out to clean and get rid of old gas .. found that sending unit was junk and found a hole on tank.. ordered new tank and sending unit so waiting on parts.

Attachments

• d3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 233
  • d2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 256
  • d1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 236
Nice job on the car, I think that's the car I sold you

dart 67, If it is you that sold it to me, hope you like how it's coming out! Also .. did you move the rear shock mounts when you tubbed the rear fenders? The shocks were off the car and don't seem to fit back on. The angle is too much. thanks in advance. Ron :)

Ron, the car looks great, when I got the car it was already tubbed

my other girl is a Ford. O:)

Attachments

• d4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 170
  • d5.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 180
new tank all painted and ready to be installed!

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 130
got the new gas tank in! I also got the shocks on.. finally! had trouble because the shock mounts were on wrong. next will be the headlight wiring and I bought a new e-brake cable. shouldn't be long now before I take her for her first ride !

Attachments

• gas tank.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 113
-
Back