Rookie mistake

-

Joker13

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I picked up a set of rims for my 68 small bolt pattern cuda with Hoosier quick times 26x9.50-14LT. They look and ride great. Next move was skinnies for the front. I wanted the classic centerlines and found a pair in perfect shape for $100 that had been on a dart. Drove a couple hours to get them, put them in the garage and lined one up to see how they'll look with the others and thought they looked big. I never thought to check the diameter. They have 165 R15 86T metric. They are beat VW tires so I knew I would need rubber when I bought them. So did I make a blunder or can I get away with a lower profile tire or something to compensate?

Last edited:
These are for the strip? Tall skinnies "used to be" the deal. Depends on what you want, I guess

These are for the strip? Tall skinnies "used to be" the deal. Depends on what you want, I guess

More street than strip. I wasn't happy with the stance but the new rears helped it get closer to what I want. I m thinking these may offset that, but I guess if it can work w the larger ones up front, i'll give ita shot

how wide are the front wheels? go maybe 185/50-15
3 1/2 wide. 50s may work. The speed shop near me has M/Ts but 26". I was hoping to stay around 24". If I am patient, I can wait and get 14" cragers for a great price.

A couple weeks ago I picked up a set of rims for my 68 small bolt pattern cuda with Hoosier quick times 26x9.50-14LT. They look and ride great. Next move was skinnies for the front. I wanted the classic centerlines and found a pair in perfect shape for $100 that had been on a dart. Drove a couple hours to get them, put them in the garage and lined one up to see how they'll look with the others and thought they looked big. I never thought to check the diameter. They have 165 R15 86T metric. They are beat VW tires so I knew I would need rubber when I bought them. So did I make a blunder or can I get away with a lower profile tire or something to compensate?

Sell them and get the correct sized rims.

I run M/T Sportsman SB 26x6.00R15LT.
It makes it easier to drive the BB with no power steering and is fine on the street. Not going to do any serious cornering though.

Check BFG's web. At one time they offered a short T/A at 24'' in a 70 series for street rods.I think it was a 145/70/R15

-
Back