"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
Always...

It's either going on top of the quarter, ala Charger, or more likely on the deck-lid filler panel toward the middle of the car. At 6'6" and a 5" ride height to the frame, I wouldn't have a problem at all reaching the middle of the car to pump gas.

Put it in the middle of the filler panel.

At 6'6" I take it the car won't have a back seat anyway could you move the engine back more?

find that second wind and fast. whats up with the hood? you don't have it yet..

Working on it. No hood yet, and no idea when I'll get it...

Put it in the middle of the filler panel.

At 6'6" I take it the car won't have a back seat anyway could you move the engine back more?

I like the filler panel too. The car will have a back seat, it won't be much of one with the leg room I require, but it will have a functional back seat. If it weren't for the need of a back seat, I probably would have bought a Viper...

I think you need to modify the tank profile, or move it up in the frame rails.

Slow progress today with having to hand notch some tubes, fab brackets/tabs, etc. The rear is almost finished. I couldn't mount the shocks because the amount of anti-squat in the LCA causes the shock to hit the UCA, so I'll need to fab some rear LCA's. No problem though, I planned to anyway. Just have to do it sooner than expected. One more day to go...

file-144.jpg

file-143.jpg

good call on the X bracing....
BTW..do you ever sleep?

Sadly, my time for this trip has come to a close and there won't be any more pics until the end of February. Yesterday was mostly spent cleaning and organizing the garage. Although, I did pull the engine out, move the steering rack down, and build new brackets for it. I began locating the rear diff but ran out of time with having to clean, pack, see the fam one last time, etc. That doesn't mean that progress won't be had over the next couple months though. I'm having a custom stainless fuel tank built by Eric Mueller and Mike Toupin of Mopar Engineering, I'll be incorporating Vaporworx into the tank as well. They will also be building my radiator once I get that sized up in February. Development of my MiMod system will also continue in hopes that it is finished once I return as well. So far it's looking real good and I can't wait to see everything when it's finished. Then, there is always my hood, which who knows when that will show up...

So, all is done for now. Took about 10 steps backward and almost 10 forward, but I am real happy with how everything is coming out. Still a lot of things to figure out and build, but all doable and I'm looking forward to my next visit in February. That will be when I can really put some hours in on the car. I can't wait!

Until next time, happy new year!

Sadly, my time for this trip has come to a close and there won't be any more pics until the end of February. Yesterday was mostly spent cleaning and organizing the garage. Although, I did pull the engine out, move the steering rack down, and build new brackets for it. I began locating the rear diff but ran out of time with having to clean, pack, see the fam one last time, etc. That doesn't mean that progress won't be had over the next couple months though. I'm having a custom stainless fuel tank built by Eric Mueller and Mike Toupin of Mopar Engineering, I'll be incorporating Vaporworx into the tank as well. They will also be building my radiator once I get that sized up in February. Development of my MiMod system will also continue in hopes that it is finished once I return as well. So far it's looking real good and I can't wait to see everything when it's finished. Then, there is always my hood, which who knows when that will show up...

So, all is done for now. Took about 10 steps backward and almost 10 forward, but I am real happy with how everything is coming out. Still a lot of things to figure out and build, but all doable and I'm looking forward to my next visit in February. That will be when I can really put some hours in on the car. I can't wait!

Until next time, happy new year!

happy new year will
have a safe trip

Have a safe trip back...

BTW...the snuggler part...TMI

Denny

Thanks guys. Was a LONG trip back. Had problems with the plane at our layover in Munich. Went from a 2 hour layover to 6 hours. Officially spent more time sitting in airports than flying. Already looking forward to getting back in a couple months to finish what I started, get this thing on the ground, and get bodywork started.

Thanks guys. Was a LONG trip back. Had problems with the plane at our layover in Munich. Went from a 2 hour layover to 6 hours. Officially spent more time sitting in airports than flying. Already looking forward to getting back in a couple months to finish what I started, get this thing on the ground, and get bodywork started.
:wack:

should've had uli"papstxx" show you the town. at least take you for a spin in his cuda on the autoban.

Until February then it is. Always a pleasure to follow this thread.

It wasn't so bad. Other than being stupid cold, Munich does offer free coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and other warm drinks. Not too bad, just inconvenienced. Although, if American airline companies operated this way, there would be a lot more in business. The plane had mechanical problems so another plane had to be used, much smaller in size. No offers for people to take a later flight with compensation of free flights, food, massive vouchers, or nothing. Just a "hey, we had problems, you got bumped, here's 20 Euro for lunch." That's one way to do it.

Will's new Tank.....

Attachments

• Wills Tank Assy..jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 605
did you talk him into sucking it up into the chassis a little higher?...

did you talk him into sucking it up into the chassis a little higher?...

No, he doesn't want to go into the trunk, so I shortened the tank. I doubt it will be visible with the car on all fours.

sounds like your on top of it

BTW....what trunk?

-
Back