Ross pistons

-

67moparfan

Reaction score
hi all, I disassembled my recently bought 360 today and found Ross pistons with hand engraved "40523" on the underside of all of them.

I googled it and did not come up with anything, do any of you know what they are? does the number mean anything?

thought I would ask here before I call Ross.

deck height is .042" so I am taking it to get decked tomorrow.

heads are good, so I will leave them alone (Brodix B1)

a little Jim Beam rambling...but seriously, the "40523"?

My stroker pistons have a number on them too, Call Ross and ask. Are they flat? That far down in the hole, they sound like a stock forged piston.

they are domed, were yours custom made? or on the shelf pistons?

I had Ross custom make some for my Honda and they had hand engraved numbers too...not sure if on the shelf pistons have it or not.

the previous owner said it was 13:1 but I'm thinking it's not...but I don't know the head cc yet.

Ross pistons are some really good pistons. I run them in the 340, my are forged alum

With that deck height you could still be running 11:1 Just depends on the setup. mine are down .051 and a .029 gasket and I'm at 10.5:1 .

With B1 heads I doubt someone would run a lower stock CR piston. JMO!

You mean the piston is .042" down in the bore? Are they flat top or domed? I'm thinking that's a custom piston which is why it's not a "99" prefix. They dont offer a piston that is that low in the bore as a stocking number which is the main reason I think they are customs.

I run domed ross pistons in my 340 they are custom with the no. engraved underneath. i have 11.6 with 69cc and the stick out of the hole .018. Call them they will tell you what they are.

-
Back