Rotisserie attachment to Duster

-

FC7freak

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am trying to attach my rotisserie to the back end of a 71 Duster and the only good spot I see to hook it up is on the bumper support valance.That doesnt seem too strong to me but is there a better option?

I used a piece of angle iron and bolted it to where the bumper attaches. I can send you a pic tomorrow.
C

I used the bumper holes in the rear. I made some steel reinforcements to go on the inside,and used a flat piece of steel and welded some square tubing on it to attach it to the rotisserie.Also used good grade 8 bolts.Seems to work so far , has not fell yet. Matt

The rear trunk area bumper holes are plenty strong enough for mounting the rotisserie to the car.
http://www.mts.net/~hpokrant/Restoration_Tips/1-Rotisserie/Rotisserie.htm

i agree

rear cuda inside.JPG

Mostly depends on how stripped down the car is. If you've removed the engine, trans, rear end, and seats the rear bumper attachments are fine. I've got mine attached this way and no problems so far.

Thanks for all the help and pics. I feel better about attaching it thru the bumper mounting holes now. See Ya!

Mostly depends on how stripped down the car is. If you've removed the engine, trans, rear end, and seats the rear bumper attachments are fine. I've got mine attached this way and no problems so far.

i had mine on the roto with just the engine and trans pulled. no problems with weight at all

-
Back