rottenchester carbs

-

L8RG8R

Reaction score
does anybody know if ma mopar ever used a rochester carb on any of there small blocks year and model would be great

I don't know if they came that way from the factory, but I have seen several Mopars in the junk yards with quadrajet carbs. I guess it could have something to do with having a spreadbore manifold, people just stick any old carb that fits on it.

I guess I should have mentioned this before but a friend of mine has a 73 duster orig slant 6 now it has a 318 that was installed by a p.o. and it had a chevy raidiater and a rottenchester 2 barrel I eat and live mopar have all my life and in 25 years of twisting wrenches I have never seen a stock chry. product with a rochester carb I too have seen some bodies basturd with a cheby carb (like that would fix it) or some other brand x part installed oh well I guess those parts have to find some way to go fast

Yes..1971 318s came with a Rochester 2GV..later 318 4bbls and 360 4bbl used Quadrajets, and I think there were a few 6cyl. that had some.

My 71 duster with a 318 had a rochester 2 bbl on it from the factory. In the motors they even had spechs for it. It ran ok and never gave me any trouble.I put 100,000 miles on it and then cut it up 'cause of the rust. the 318 lives on in my 65 cuda,the rochester lives on in a 67 valiant with a 273 I restored and sold. It ran good on that motor as well.

I found these listing for rodchester carbs on mopars.Now mop has used Carter,Holley,Rodchester,and Bendix(stromberg carbs in the past:
1971 318 2-bbl
This is the only carb only used up to 74 that was a rodchester.
Mrmopartech

WOW
learn somthing new every day thanx guys and great web site by the way

-
Back