Round 2 where’s Demon Sizzler ??

-
Do you need something done?
No, I’m hoarding Thermoquads
I would really like to interview him and take notes on his knowledge of tq’s.
I could be way off base, I think in the future it could be as bad as some countries which allow zero modifications.
Or a factory available motor must be in your vehicle and meet emissions standards for that factory set up. A lot of places sniff your tailpipe to get a lisence tag. Or it could be that the older cars that didn’t have emissions standards to meet suddenly have to meet newly imposed standards. Thermoquads are specifically emissions era specific and lean, sometimes very much so. So a guy could keep his fat performance carb and swap it when he has to get his tailpipe sniffed. ( no pun intended) I don’t know about you but after pouring thousands into your car, I would gladly pay a few hundred to avoid a huge hassle. Also I truly believe that Thermoquads are the best street carb out there, given that you are willing to tune it. So I’m going to gamble and be ready if it happens I won’t have much invested. People have even given me carbs, and others won’t touch them because of their alleged finicky ness. Best of all I love drinking a few shots and messing with them.

Last edited:
I could be way off base, I think in the future it could be as bad as some countries which allow zero modifications.
Or a factory available motor must be in your vehicle and meet emissions standards for that factory set up. A lot of places sniff your tailpipe to get a lisence tag. Or it could be that the older cars that didn’t have emissions standards to meet suddenly have to meet newly imposed standards. Thermoquads are specifically emissions era specific and lean, sometimes very much so. So a guy could keep his fat performance carb and swap it when he has to get his tailpipe sniffed. I don’t know about you but after pouring thousands into your car, I would gladly pay a few hundred to avoid a huge hassle. Also I truly believe that Thermoquads are the best street carb out there, given that you are willing to tune it.
Take a look in the "what are you doing to your car today" thread
A few weeks ago someone posted pictures of a few carbs they were rebuilding...by the dozen

He may be able to hook you up
(Looked it up myself)
It was @George Jets

Or a factory available motor must be in your vehicle and meet emissions standards for that factory set up. A lot of places sniff your tailpipe to get a lisence tag. Or it could be that the older cars that didn’t have emissions standards to meet suddenly have to meet newly imposed standards. Thermoquads are specifically emissions era specific and lean, sometimes very much so. So a guy could keep his fat performance carb and swap it when he has to get his tailpipe sniffed. ( no pun intended) I don’t know about you but after pouring thousands into your car, I would gladly pay a few hundred to avoid a huge hassle. Also I truly believe that Thermoquads are the best street carb out there, given that you are willing to tune it. So I’m going to gamble and be ready if it happens I won’t have much invested. People have even given me carbs, and others won’t touch them because of their alleged finicky ness. Best of all I love drinking a few shots and messing with them.

At current, I don’t for see that happening. The aftermarket and car culture is to big and wide spread here. (USA) I think the fight would be on to combat that with an ultimate compromise of just simply passing the test.

This was the way of things in N.Y. for a time some 20 years ago. I’ll skip the story, but it ended up that all cars that were under (IIRC) 20 years had to pass the test which required the vehicle running at Hwy. speeds on a dyno like roller while the sniffer probe(s) were in the tail pipe.

During this time I had my Magnum being finished up. No big mods were done. But to insure I passed the visual (since no one was willing to look past possible problems, an issue crated by the state with big brother cameras installed.) I installed twin high flow catalytic converter‘s. Also a MSD. Took my time to tune the Federal Mougal 625 AFB via plug reading and with minimal use of the pump shot circuit. Preventing overly rich spikes to avoid any issues.

The end result was an amazement for the testers. It passed for later year F.I. Vehicles. Thankfully this era of bologna has passed on.

-
Back