roundy round racers

-

motorhead446

Reaction score
1. Do you have a bigger picture/full picture of the entire axle?
2. How long is the axle?

That is a 9" floater from a stock car. Looks like speedway engineering superspeedway hubs. What else do you need to know?

The axle and Hub are sperate parts so you can change them if you break a hub , unlike a normal axle where the you have a flange with the studs then it tapers into the axle.

In the past, I understood that a floater was short for a full-floating rear end. On this assembly, the rear wheels were supported by the housing independent of the axle shaft. This kept the wheels and brakes on the car when an axle shaft broke. Same thing is used on most 1 ton + trucks.

What I don't see in the photo that might be useful would be a bracket upon which a caliper may be mounted.

truck arms are for large tracks , these days they run three and four links and all of the mounting hardware and caliper brackets are clamp on....
In the past, I understood that a floater was short for a full-floating rear end. On this assembly, the rear wheels were supported by the housing independent of the axle shaft. This kept the wheels and brakes on the car when an axle shaft broke. Same thing is used on most 1 ton + trucks.

What I don't see in the photo that might be useful would be a bracket upon which a caliper may be mounted.

The width is 60" flange to flange. 5" bolt pattern. I count 24 spline. There is clamp on caliper brackets, and and a large bracket on top of center housing as well as some smaller brackets welded to the housing. The brake disc are 12". I will take another picture Friday afternoon. Thanks for the replies.

It appears to be a grand national type hub. probably the winters kit or similiar. The kit sells for 750-800 with out rotors or brackets with axles. I dont have the axles but do have the rotors and brackets. I would sell for less than half. I will post an ad in classifieds if there is any interest.

-
Back