Route 66 & NHRA

-

stretch

I cut my cars!
Reaction score
Today we head south for our annual trip to the drag races in Joliet Ill @ route 66 raceway. I've been going for years now. We have the same seats every year. 100ft line 4th row pit side. We always camp in the same spot aswell. Sight 1 @ raceview farms. Look for the "NITRO HILTON" Its a '77 southwind motorhome covered with years of NHRA stickers!

Anyone else going?
It would be cool to see someone from the sight.

If you have never been to a nitro race, GO! You'll never go back to NASCAR!

Jason

I live 45 minutes from there. PM me and I can hook you up with some food and beer on Sat night. My son is throwing a 21st bday party. :icescrea:

Yoopers welcome to Chicago.... :D :burnout:

Oh yeah it did! Someone blew a piston too, what a sight! I saw on a race while back, a huge chunk of the engine block blew out, the pieces few to the guys head but they got that big scoop thing around them so he was okay but still it was freaking insane! Lots of fire!

Last time I was at Joliet was in 1999 if I remember correct, it was the CarCraft Nationals.

Ended up being a small riot and stuff downtown cuz of all the cars doing burnouts on a side street in front of a hotel. There were a few thousand people spectating along that route just watchin the cars.

Police came out in riot gear and started arresting the drivers, had like 3 helicopters, and started throwin the tear gas....that was a crazy night!!

Last time I was at Joliet was in 1999 if I remember correct, it was the CarCraft Nationals.

Ended up being a small riot and stuff downtown cuz of all the cars doing burnouts on a side street in front of a hotel. There were a few thousand people spectating along that route just watchin the cars.

Police came out in riot gear and started arresting the drivers, had like 3 helicopters, and started throwin the tear gas....that was a crazy night!!

Sounds like indy in 93. when mopar nats moved to indy that year..

City just can't let people have some good ol fun for a night or 3 :burnout::protest:

Yeah, that's why we are all happier at Columbus. Indy didn't treat us right. Their loss....

Nothing like the good ol days when they brought out police, firetrucks, and helicopters to drive us off of Brice Road!!!! Now that's cruisin at it's best...

Had a drunk time as always! Dodged a few storms as always! Spent a ton of cash on cool nhra apparel, as always! Got a few "NITRO baths" as always! Looking forward to next year! As always!

I have a ton of pics too. As soon as I get them down loaded I'll post them if anyone is intrested!

Jason

Nice NHRA facility. Went there the first year they were open. Great racing and loud, loud, loud.

-
Back