Royal Purple

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
I just got through putting Royal Purple synthetic 10w40 in my 73 318 Duster with 80,000 miles on the motor. I have driven 500 miles since, with no additional leaks at all. Its still runnin good. I figured it has the additives needed to keep my flat tappet Comp 260 cam (.440 lift) healthy. It has 2000 miles since it was added. Do you feel this is a good oil? Little expensive, but maybe worth it. Anyone else running it or have had experiences? -Justin

I run synthetic or synthetic blends in all of my engine driven items. Cars, trucks, tractors, mowers, etc. and there is no negatives to running these oils. The cost is actually less because the oil change intervals can be longer so you save the money purchasing less oil and filters.

Chuck

Royal Purple is good STUFF! It is made about 1/2 mile from where I live. A lot of people I know use it.I on the other hand I use Mobil 1 ,have been for years and no need o switch being they are about the same all the way around.All good synthetic blends are pricey.But worth the $$$ in the long run.

All DOT approved oils are low in zinc, it was because of an EPA mandate. After the initial break in with a zinc additive, the lower zinc oils won't be of any real issue, especially with the added lubricity of the synthetic oils.

Chuck

I run it in my firebird (flame suit on) and I find that I'm getting better milage, and the engine seems to run smoother.

I've been running Mobil 1 in all my vehicles for 30 yrs. but not the Demon, it gets Shell Rotella T for the zinc which you can still get in Canada. I like the Mobil 1 mostly for the cold weather starting, you get oil pressure immediately even at minus 25.

Terry

-
Back